Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Desperate need of 1985 LT250EF Quadrunner Service Manual

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok darn well you might know how do i change out the knuckle that the right. Rear axel slides into

Old 08-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kazumanewb
Ok darn well you might know how do i change out the knuckle that the right. Rear axel slides into
Is your machine shaft or chain driven?

Old 08-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by IronBear
Hello Bruce,

I realized your machine is a 250 whereas mine is a 230. I believe that most of the components are similar so I'm hoping this service manual will help you.

IronBear
I was wondering if I would be able to get that link for the manual for the Suzuki ATV

Old 08-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Trailblazer

hello all, I'm not new to the forum , I kind of have a passion for tinkering with old quads. I've had the TRX200, a Timberwolf and now I picked up a Suzuki LT250 with a manufacture stamp of 9/84 above the vin. The vin is too rusty to easily read.

Anyways, I'm trying to find out about it and I'm seeing LT250EF, S, G, etc.

I'd like to get a quick education about the thing. It has faded orange plastics and "250" on the seat.

4 stroke with electric/pull start, odometer (why?), rear stop light, aux power, drum brakes and choke/decompression ***** on either side of the ignition.

I'm guessing that should be enough information for someone in the know to give me a quick run down and maybe a link to a service manual? rbskls@hotmail.com

I'd welcome any information you have about them. The thing runs perfectly and even has a hitch for towing and reverse. I really love this little thing. I picked it up for $500.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 250 service manula suzuki

Iron Bear I shure could use the link for the 230 service manula any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance Keith

Old 11-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

Iron Bear - Would you mind emailing me the link to the manual? I'm having issues with the lights. joeyoung@***.net
Thank you -Joe

Old 11-14-2012, 06:28 AM
Banned

MightyJoe and KFWA, I just sent the service manual to you! Keith, send me your email address and I'll send you the link.

The funny thing is, I'm having issues with mine too. All I did was pick up the rear end to move the machine out of the way, now there is no power. I'm thinking th fuse blew but I'm unable to find it.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default service manual

I would really like to have the service manual link thanks in advance Keith

Old 11-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you IronBear! I appreciate the help! I put a new battery in it last night, tested everything and it works. I was under the impression that the stator alone would power the lights. I was wrong, the output is about 2.5 volts.

My LT250EF has a smal inline fuse block on the frame just behind the air filter case. It also has one just above the taillight. You might want to check the connections on your battery.
I hope you find out the problem.
Thanks again for the help,
Joe

Old 11-15-2012, 05:48 AM
Banned

Glad the manual helped you! My machine only has one fuse block, but that doesn't make a difference because the yahoo who owned the Quadrunner before me took the fuse out and replaced it with a direct wire connector so now, the voltage regulator is fried! The fuse is supposed to protect the electrical system, if in such a short should occur.

I'm not going to fix it, but sell it for parts.

I just picked up a 'very low hour' 1985 Honda Big Red 250ES which will take the place of the Quadrunner. I'm going to sell it for parts. It's a shame because its a nice quad

Quick Reply: Desperate need of 1985 LT250EF Quadrunner Service Manual