Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

1990 Suzuki LT-F250s should I keep it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Suzuki LT-F250s should I keep it?

Ok I purchassed this quad from a guy for 100 bucks. tires are excellent, back plastics brittle and bad had not ran in 2 years. got it home, new battery and carb cleaning got it running quick, unfortunatly I am pretty sure I taxed the cdi box (before the new battery) because it only ran for a day and then gave up spark. One rare and expensive cdi box to find but figured if i'm shelling out the 339 bucks (save 115 bucks switching to guicko lol) I may as well keep this beast. I have heard good things about them being a great work horse. Motor has plenty of pep in it. So while I wait for the cdi box to come in, I will be fiber glassing the rear fender and post the progress as I go along. I knew I would find some use out of all them plastic tubs.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

some pictures of the fender work before glassing after the supports. By taking a heavy duty tucker tub and cutting it, i AM ABLE TO PUNCH MY BOLT HOLES FAST AND EASY WITH a soldering iron then use my torch to heat and form the bends, when I;m done I will fiberglass and paint it for added strength.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Trailblazer

put some work into it and clean it up. get her running good and ride the hell out of it. look at what you will have invested in it and that alone will make you happy because its really not much. i would keep it

Old 10-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by nate85
put some work into it and clean it up. get her running good and ride the hell out of it. look at what you will have invested in it and that alone will make you happy because its really not much. i would keep it
Good idea, all my life everything I have worked on has been an investment, but seeing as this one died 10 minuets before the buyer showed up. must be a sign. I hear good things about these machines, my only concern was a lack of good used parts available. I'm ok with adapt and overcome with most things being a fabricator, but other parts like drive train components you can't always fab around. I think i will keep it to ride the Nevada hills with, thanks

Old 10-23-2012, 04:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

well i finally found a cdi on ebay for 125 so I bought it. finished the glass work. Not new looking but now it's 10x stronger then factory

Old 10-23-2012, 07:05 AM
Trailblazer

i dont know if these will be any use to ya but here ya go. been saving this site cuz i was gonna buy some parts lol

Used Suzuki ATV parts removed from running and non running ATVs

Old 10-23-2012, 08:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by nate85
i dont know if these will be any use to ya but here ya go. been saving this site cuz i was gonna buy some parts lol

Used Suzuki ATV parts removed from running and non running ATVs
APPRECIATE THE POSTING. They didn't have a cdi box in there inventory. I had saved the search for the part number so ebay emailed me when one was available. apparently they are in high demand used so i jumped on it for 125 plus 10 shipping. does anyone know what dissolves the gel they use inside the cdi boxes? I want to experiment with my old box and attempt to repair the transistor my gel is black like tar

Old 10-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Trailblazer

ok the black stuff sounds like the stuff that is in the ingnitors on my bike. what everybody used to fix it was just jb weld. u wanna try and keep the black tar oozy stuff around it then jb weld around that until its full. i did that on my bike and no issues. a little different but sounds like the same

Old 10-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

actually I was hopeing someone had a way of dissolving that stuff so I can access the board???

Old 10-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Name:  IMG_20121027_160342.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  107.7 KB

new/used cdi in place finished pruduct.

Quick Reply: 1990 Suzuki LT-F250s should I keep it?