Old 03-30-2001, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on the situation,it could be both,
Bill

Old 04-01-2001, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh! Racer Bill has been busy... I don't think I'll be racing anybody to proove anything to you Bill. You'll decide what you want and it won't make a difference to anybody here if you don't like King Quads. As a matter of fact, I think we'll just call you the King of the KQ bashers.
It's still a nice machine and I wouldn't trade you even if you threw in your famous helmet... I'm done talkin' about it too...
Chuck

Old 04-01-2001, 08:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

ECORMAN1/BILL.
WELL I WENT AND BITE THE BULLET, I ORDERED MY SUPERTRAPP IDS2,K&N FILTER AND JET KIT. IT SHOULD BE HERE IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. I'LL HAVE TO INSTALL IT AND GIVE MY OPINION OF WHETHER IT WAS A WASTE OR NOT. I'VE TALKED TO OTHER PEOPLE ON THE NET AND AT PARTS STORE AND THEY THINK IT WILL BE WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR. TILL THEN THANKS FOR THE HELP..

Old 04-01-2001, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider
Old 04-02-2001, 12:54 PM
Range Rover

Ecorman,

I don't think Bill has been bashing per say. Most of the things he says are true and can be backed up. I really think he is jealous of our "true 4wd" and doesn't want to show it. (grin)

As I said earlier, it is going to be fun to ride with him and you both

Old 04-02-2001, 04:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Eric,
thank you for telling Chuck that.I have never once ''BASHED'' the KQ nor did I say I did'nt like it,I dont know where he got that from?

Now for the true 4x4 on the KQ,no my friend,so far I can see no advantage that the KQs true 4x4 system has over Polaris true 4x4 system.They BOTH still deleiver power to BOTH front wheels,
Bill

Old 04-02-2001, 05:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Eric,
thank you for telling Chuck that.I have never once ''BASHED'' the KQ nor did I say I did'nt like it,I dont know where he got that from?

Now for the true 4x4 on the KQ,no my friend,so far I can see no advantage that the KQs true 4x4 system has over Polaris true 4x4 system.They BOTH still deleiver power to BOTH front wheels,
Bill

Old 04-02-2001, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Well once difference I think it's better is it's a direct cable system. Isn't the Sportsman system an electrical "sensing" system. Probably more to go wrong. It's why I stayed away from it. Sometimes the "kiss" method works the best. Especially when your ******* the thing all the time.

Rob

Old 04-02-2001, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

robnhouston,
your lack of knowledge [functioning] between the Polaris 4x4 system and the Suzuki's 4x4 system is very appearant.But thats ok,thats what the Forums are here for,to help someone try and better understand.

Direct cable system on the Suzuki?Electrical system on a Polaris?Can you explain how a cable makes it a better 4x4 system than the electrical system on a Polaris 4x4?

Suzuki's KQ,while in the Super low range and lock mode has the ability to supply engine power to ALL 4 wheels together via shafts.The cable ONLY activates this action.

Polaris AWD system senses rear wheel slippage.When the rear wheels slip approx 1/5 of a tire revolution more than the front tires,it will automatically activate BOTH front tires.

It is my opionion that after owning and testing BOTH the Suzuki KQ[in mud holes and hills] and a few Polaris AWDs,that the Suzuki's 4x4 system has no advantage,both systems EFFECTIVELY spin all 4 wheels with power,however,the Polaris AWD system is NOT nearly limited by how fast it can go in AWD like the KQ.Wheel speed can be the differance between making it out of a mud hole or not,wheel speed also factors in when hill climbing.Without wheel speed,you loose momentum. If you loose momentum,well,you loose!
Bill

Old 04-03-2001, 11:35 AM
Trailblazer

Bill
While you are right that a STOCK KQ can only lock the differential in superlow range, it is a very simple procedure to modify it so that it will lock in all ranges. That can give a little momentum advantage because you never give the Kings rear wheels a chance to slip at all before the fronts engage, as in the Polaris.

Quick Reply: KING QUAD MODIFICATIONS