Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Don't buy Suzuki

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Reading through all the brands here, it seems like all brands at some point had issues that, to normal people like us, would seem like a no brainer to be covered.

Sucks it happened on you first Zuk. But it is a good thing no one was hurt.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:04 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC
I though brake pads were not covered (Wear part) but the rest of the brakes system like hydraulics, calipers, leavers and lines should be.
Something caused the pads to rub to get that hot.

Plan B. Did you not have insurance on a new ATV like that? Even basic fire and thief?

We have to have at least basic insurance up here to ride public land, so that my warranty.

Call your insurance company up ,put insurance on it then wait a few weeks and tell them it was stolen. No way I would be out $9000.

Unless you did a police report about it,then forget that plan.
Probably cannot insure it now if its anything like our insurance. if it was not insured at time of purchase it has to go in for a inspection for any major damage that could be claimed under a false claim after insured.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:31 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zrock
Probably cannot insure it now if its anything like our insurance. if it was not insured at time of purchase it has to go in for a inspection for any major damage that could be claimed under a false claim after insured.
Not here . I bought many Snowmobiles and ATVs . I just pick up the phone and give them the ownership (Title) number and the insurance mails me their slip. Absolutely no contact with each other.

Only on cars/Trucks if you get the more expensive "collision" option that they send you to get a photo of it as proof but not so with "basic fire theft".

Old 10-02-2014, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Depends on the state here in the US. Some require insurance, most don't.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

They may not want to look at it before they insure it, but they sure will before they pay out a claim for it being totaled. I would think know the difference between something burned last week and last year.

Losing the quad was bad enough, getting caught up in insurance fraud isn't going to be cheaper.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would never try to put insurance on something that was already totaled. I've had atvs for over 25 years and never needed insurance, I always take good care and keep the maintenance up on the ones i've had before. If I ever wrecked, or broke something that was my fault, I don't have a problem paying for something that I broke or wrecked. But when one goes up in flames with only 8 hrs. run time and 40 miles on it, for seemingly no reason. Its kind of hard to believe it was my fault. The only mistake I made was buying a Suzuki from a worthless dealer.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Range Rover

Uuuh ya, let's stay away from the insurance fraud strategy….unless you want to risk being out more than $9k and end up in jail.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

Glade someone finally said it quadr4me. Lol I see x750kq came to the same conclusion so good call.

Hope you get it figured out. Just keep fighting suzuki and your dealer till they correct their mistake. Important logic when it comes to either insurance or warranties- the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

If you're engaging a Lawyer on this (smart move considering the story to-date), have them call the dealer and/or Suzuki on your behalf. They can be very convincing.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:58 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by NLWarrior01
If you're engaging a Lawyer on this (smart move considering the story to-date), have them call the dealer and/or Suzuki on your behalf. They can be very convincing.
Convincing? Maybe. Very, very, very vocal, most definitely.

You'll likely want to find a lawyer that has products liability experience and probably also contracts to weave through warranty mumbo jumbo. Personally, before I would retain a lawyer, I would escalate it to the highest level I can within Suzuki first. Then engage consumer orgs such as BBB or even your state's attorney general's office, who likely has a consumer protection division. They may not be able to help you but at least it would require Suzuki to respond to those agencies (if they even care about their standing with them). Who knows, you might find out others have similar complaints, which might bolster your case a bit. It sucks that you have to go through all this but like another poster mentioned, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I also noticed you posted on the Suzuki forum. Good advice there too. Again, good luck.

Quick Reply: Don't buy Suzuki