Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Just built chainsaw carrier

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just built chainsaw carrier

1/2 plywood is too thin to work with so i used 5/8. I was deciding wether or not to cut it down and have it as tall as the bar box. I am so glad i dont have to used the crappy plastic case anymore!!!! I like the future 6pack holder and i think the perfectly flat top would be handy. If nothing else to set my lunch on. I still have to sand the edges and stain/poly it.

Old 12-13-2015, 06:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice job, looks like it will work well.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Looks perfect for your needs.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

Great job!

Old 12-14-2015, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer

it gets better!!!! I will post final pictures and how awesome it works after a few extra additions!! It turned out even better than i had planned! Its a relief to me because it is insanely useful.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer

Its almost too nice to use now!!! Door incorporates saw lock down, door holds saw tool in holder. Door lock has custom stainless pull/slide ****. Slide lock itself is solid brass. This thing works as good as the saw it holds!!!!!

Old 12-17-2015, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Can't tell from the pictures but was wondering if you put any blocks of wood on the bottom to keep it from sliding around. I made a wood box to carry dry firewood over to my deck where I have a rack. I used velcro straps to hold it down and put a couple blocks on the bottom to snug it up even more against the bars on the rack. I placed them in such a way to keep the full box (heavy when unloaded, never mind loaded) from sliding.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:06 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Can't tell from the pictures but was wondering if you put any blocks of wood on the bottom to keep it from sliding around. I made a wood box to carry dry firewood over to my deck where I have a rack. I used velcro straps to hold it down and put a couple blocks on the bottom to snug it up even more against the bars on the rack. I placed them in such a way to keep the full box (heavy when unloaded, never mind loaded) from sliding.
I wanted to but i plan on being able to tote the saw anywhere and if i put it in a flat truck bed then the blocks work against me. This carrier is universal to being moved. The atv pictured is older and has 2" tall side bars on the rear rack, our newer atvs have none so it doesnt need those spacer boards pictured. I put it on the older atv since its semi retired and is only good for getting a person to the cutting spot and not good at hauling a trailer. Figured i would let the newer atv be hooked to the trailer that hauls the load. If small job then i can swap the carrier over to the newer atv pretty quick and be a one man band.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider

That looks great!

Old 12-18-2015, 09:26 AM
Trailblazer

thanks for the compliments! I hope the pics and details help someone out who is looking to build something similar. I recommend one of these carriers over any turd plastic case any day. This carrier is strong enough to stand on or use as an emergency jack stand for the atv. I plan on adding a can/bottle holder to the ledge over the bar area, just have to find the time.

Quick Reply: Just built chainsaw carrier