Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Rancher 420 vs Suzuki KQ 400 (footshift)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 03:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancher 420 vs Suzuki KQ 400 (footshift)

Comparing between these two? What's good/bad? Both manual shift, non powersteering, same price.

Looking forward to hear what you all got to say!

In Honda section too, just to get a fair view.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Is the Rancher the electric shift model? Manual yes but does it use electronics to make the shift? The only bad I have heard is that if your battery goes dead, you can't shift at all....even to go into neutral so you could push it. Friend has one and thinks it is a great machine, however it make him very nervous about the battery going dead. He claims..had he known that ahead of time he would have bought a different model. The KG is an auto clutch which allows you to choose the gear you want to be in. The tow ratings on manual trannies are usually lower than with a cvt tranny due to excess strain on the manual tranny. Manual tranny requires more frequent oil changes than cvt because clutch particles as it wears is in same oil as engine, I wouldn't want that clutch debris floating around in my crankcase. More than anything it needs to be a personal choice as to which machine fits you best, the most comfortable and ergonomic for you. Nothing worse than a machine that is uncomfortable!!

Old 01-05-2017, 12:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Since they're both basically equal in terms of features and price, I would also get the one that feels the best. I hate the silly button you have to push on Hondas to get them to go into reverse. Suzuki has a better solution on their manual shift quads. Ride both of them and pick the one you like better.