Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Good to be back

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 08:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good to be back

Hello all,

It has been a bit over 2 years since I was on the site. I was just starting to redo my quads when I messed up my rotator cuff and then had a wonderful bout with cancer, which pretty much took me out of the riding game for a time.

Anyway, back in the game now and looking forward to getting started riding again. Figure I will ride this summer and then get the resto's going again next winter.

I have an '87 230s I bought new in Detroit and an '89 250s I spent a year trying to find. PA came through for me on that one. Both are blue and white, which I intend to change. Thinking about going with a retro look for both. Leaning at present for a black and yellow scheme with some graphics like the Suzuki MX bikes had in the '70's during the DeCoster era.

Will powdercoat the frames and will do the basic mod's we all do. Some pretty cool ways to change plastic colors these days.

So, first question. I am in the Clydesdale class and want to start looking to beef up the rear suspension on the '87. It's been awhile - does the '89 have a better rear shock than the '87? What other shock would work well on that '87? For some reason I thought I read a Banshee shock would work well, but like I said, it's been awhile. Maybe a Quadracer shock?

Thanks guys - looking forward to going through all the threads I missed.

Viking

Old 01-30-2017, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome back. Can't help you with beefing up the sport bikes, but I'm 250 lbs, but my quads are built to haul a lot of weight (me). My Last one is a 2008 Arctic Cat 700 Super Duty Diesel.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

SuzukiquadracerHQ.com
Those guys may know.

Old 02-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, welcome back. I'm new here myself. It sounds like you have had a "tough row to hoe" as we used to say in Iowa while walking beans. Some rows have more weeds than others. I'm glad you have regained your health and anxious to get back to your favorite hobby.

David

Old 02-01-2017, 08:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default Thanks!

I appreciate the kind works.

I do love my quads- like we all do.! Looking forward to WOT!

Old 02-16-2017, 11:46 AM
Trailblazer

The 230sVault page says that a Yamaha Warrior rear shock works, with some bushing fabrication.