Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

susuki vinson 500 stator or rectifier?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 09:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation susuki vinson 500 stator or rectifier?

On mine, after riding the battery will get really hot (even boiled once). When i first got the atv it was used, and shortly after upon attempting to start, the starter relay would click. When i took the seat off to inspect i noticed the battery was swollen and really hot to the touch. I realized the battery was not meant for that application, it was small and not the correct amp hour. So i bought a battery that was the correct size and amp hour and thought that it would do the job. Shortly after i noticed that this battery was also getting hot, and shortly swelled up also. Which made me assume it was the regulator. After disconnecting the battery and pull starting it, i turned the headlights on and they flickered a little, witch i kind of expected, but when i reved the engine the lights got dimmer. Which mad me think the stator could also be a contributor to the problem. Help appreciated.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Put a voltmeter across the battery with the engine running. It should read between 13v and 14.5v any more, and your regulator has had it. I guess your new battery will be toast too. It may be worth checking the plug between loom and stator, Suzukis seem prone to bad connections there.