Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with 93 king quad 300 plz

Hi
I'm new

I have a few problems

1st of all when I type in vin number in a vin checker it says I have a 93 king quad 300 but the plastics say quad runner 300 are these machines identical ? Makes it hard to buy parts if I don't know what it is

2nd I just bought the ATV its battery is toast but has enough charge to have neutral light on but not enough to turn over engine ... Anyway its starts anywhere from 2nd to 4th pull idles pretty low but well .. When I first go to drive it it runs pretty good then out of no where it will randomly bog when I hit throttle it boggs for about 15-20 seconds then drives again ... Sometimes idles errattic after I've come home and put it in neutral I did some reading and stumbled upon leaking crank seals which terrified me but I'm sure its much simpler then that any help would be awesome thanks

PS does anyone happen to have or know of a free manual link ?

Old 04-03-2017, 06:32 AM
Trailblazer

Any ideas at all ?

Old 04-03-2017, 07:58 AM
Trailblazer

OK so here what happend this am the ATV refuses to start by pull cord so I jumped it and started perfect ... Idles alright kinda up and down so I drove it literally a foot started to revv high and bog with throttle but I stood up started shaking ATV back and forth while thumb on throttle and it stopped bogging until I stopped shaking it then rev high and bog with throttle ... Any chance a carb clean and fresh gas could fix this I don't wanna mess with anything till some gives me a opinion.. Also it could prolly use a new throttle cable.. But I was pulling on it while started and it dident change the rpm any help would be greatly appreciated even if your not sure just need some ones 2 cents lol..I know how to work on a ATV but can't diagnose it

Old 04-03-2017, 07:38 PM
Trailblazer

Fixed bogg but when hot it idles high then low then high again also pops a bit any clues ? I gotta constantly play with idle screw only when hot fine when cold

Old 04-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do u got the vaccum petcock? Start with checking that and your fuel pump. And then clean and inspect your carb and tune it to the specs. It requires. If any of those things dont work. Then go to compression testing and valves rings etc.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Rutledge Jimmie
Do u got the vaccum petcock? Start with checking that and your fuel pump. And then clean and inspect your carb and tune it to the specs. It requires. If any of those things dont work. Then go to compression testing and valves rings etc.
OK ty not trying to sound like a scrub but how do I know if petcock is OK ? And how do I know If fuel pump is working good ? I hate messing with carbs but I'm sure I can manage

Old 04-05-2017, 08:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am pretty sure if it's 300cc it is a king quad; could be wrong, but I don't believe they made a 300 quadrunner; and would definitely go with the VIN on it, and do not believe there are many differences between the two as far as parts go between the two. It could be an electrical problem, check the voltage at the battery when it is running if it's greater than 15V the rectifier/regulator could be bad, which would cause the CDI to do goofy things on it. I would also take the carb back off and carefully check the diaphragm to make sure they are not ripped or cracked; I would also re-clean all the jets and run a little wire through the tiny holes or blow through all the holes to make sure there are not any obstructions in the way also check all the gaskets or buy a carb kit and replace the gaskets. Also make sure all the fuel lines are clean and you are getting enough fuel to the carb; you can take the petcock and blow compress air through on reserve and then on. If there is a lot of junk in the fuel line look in the tank and make sure the tank is clean. If all these are good, I would put the carb back on and leave the air box off if it runs fine with no airbox; then I would clean the boot of the air box that connects to the carb and check/replace the air filter. I have never worked on a king quad before but had a similar problem with a quadrunner, it turned out to be the voltage regulator for me. Let us know if this fixes everything. P.S if you don't have a service manual for it you might want to get one this makes things a lot easier.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by dseals91
I am pretty sure if it's 300cc it is a king quad; could be wrong, but I don't believe they made a 300 quadrunner; and would definitely go with the VIN on it, and do not believe there are many differences between the two as far as parts go between the two. It could be an electrical problem, check the voltage at the battery when it is running if it's greater than 15V the rectifier/regulator could be bad, which would cause the CDI to do goofy things on it. I would also take the carb back off and carefully check the diaphragm to make sure they are not ripped or cracked; I would also re-clean all the jets and run a little wire through the tiny holes or blow through all the holes to make sure there are not any obstructions in the way also check all the gaskets or buy a carb kit and replace the gaskets. Also make sure all the fuel lines are clean and you are getting enough fuel to the carb; you can take the petcock and blow compress air through on reserve and then on. If there is a lot of junk in the fuel line look in the tank and make sure the tank is clean. If all these are good, I would put the carb back on and leave the air box off if it runs fine with no airbox; then I would clean the boot of the air box that connects to the carb and check/replace the air filter. I have never worked on a king quad before but had a similar problem with a quadrunner, it turned out to be the voltage regulator for me. Let us know if this fixes everything. P.S if you don't have a service manual for it you might want to get one this makes things a lot easier.
Hey great advice .. I checked voltage while running it was jumping from 11-14 volts l.. I think for sure the battery is trash it sits at 11 ish volts but can't turn the engine over until I put a booster pack on it and when I shut ATV off I can hear the battery sizzle ,..... But with my high idle issue I turned ATV on today shut the gas valve to off and was running the ATV so when it started to run out of gas it started idleing high and when I hit throttle took for ever for revving to stop it is the exact same symptoms I have when I ride the bike till it gets hot so it seems to me when I ride and after awhile it starts to not get gas easily ? Maby fuel pump but I don't see how cuz I'm not sure if that gets hot ... I read maby valves but bike starts fine and I was told valves where checked every couple months . is there anything that can cause the ATV to not take as much gas when hot ? It still runs good no bogging but so annoying to have to mess with idle screw every time I come to a stop

Old 04-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by dseals91
Hey great advice .. I checked voltage while running it was jumping from 11-14 volts l.. I think for sure the battery is trash it sits at 11 ish volts but can't turn the engine over until I put a booster pack on it and when I shut ATV off I can hear the battery sizzle ,..... But with my high idle issue I turned ATV on today shut the gas valve to off and was running the ATV so when it started to run out of gas it started idleing high and when I hit throttle took for ever for revving to stop it is the exact same symptoms I have when I ride the bike till it gets hot so it seems to me when I ride and after awhile it starts to not get gas easily ? Maby fuel pump but I don't see how cuz I'm not sure if that gets hot ... I read maby valves but bike starts fine and I was told valves where checked every couple months . is there anything that can cause the ATV to not take as much gas when hot ? It still runs good no bogging but so annoying to have to mess with idle screw every time I come to a stop

Old 04-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

The fuel pumps rarely go bad on these things from what I've seen; don't really like that the voltage is fluctuating that much. Is th