Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Need help with 93 king quad 300 plz

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the engine getting really hot quickly?

Old 04-05-2017, 07:04 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by dseals91
Is the engine getting really hot quickly?
I wanna say yes... But I don't know for sure..
is there a temp light ? I have a red dot light at the bottom of the dash but it turns red only when I press the start button lol I thought it was just a light to let u know the start button was pressed lol ... I'm new to Suzuki I've only ever had a polaris scrambler 500 and Yamaha's ...

Old 04-06-2017, 10:25 AM
Trailblazer

So I still don't know what is going on with it but I took it for a ride today came to a stop put it in nutral and the idle started to clime so I stood up and shook the bike out of frustration lol.. And the idle immediately went to normal weird.. Drove home took the seat off started the bike and waited for idle to climb then I started messing with the choke at the carb at idle would drop but the choke has some type of wire holding it in place so I'm scared now that many the last guy stripped the carb where the choke plunger goes ... Can't really get at it unless I take fenders off ... So I don't know I guess the choke and or throttle cable is prolly the culprit........ Another thing that happend today was my starter would not stop spinning even when bike was shut off completely key was off I had to dissconect battery gawwwwd .. Lol I messed with the relay it stopped but jeeez .... Also just a side question why is my ATV so wobbley on pavement ? And pulls to the right ..it even wobbles if I push it back and forth ... The only thing I can think of about that is front tires are brand new itp mudlites and rears are some old crappy things ...?

Old 04-06-2017, 04:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

the choke could be getting stuck; you're going to have to take off the carb again if that's the case; once you have off the carb take a look and make sure the throttle needle isn't getting stuck; it definitely sounds like a carb problem, you put a rebuild kit on it?

Old 04-06-2017, 05:06 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by dseals91
the choke could be getting stuck; you're going to have to take off the carb again if that's the case; once you have off the carb take a look and make sure the throttle needle isn't getting stuck; it definitely sounds like a carb problem, you put a rebuild kit on it?
Not yet waiting to see if I can find some one to do it for me I hate messing with carbs I always screw them up