Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KQ 750 vs outlander 570

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 10:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I remember when atvtv was an actual tv show. He has episodes on his own website and youtube. Many of them are re-aired old episodes. There is a lot of new content on there too. He has reviews of just about every utility quad made in the last 15 years or so.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to try a 750 today. There wasn't as big a difference to the 500 as I thought there would be in acceleration from a stop. I guess the bigger difference would be seen in top end?

also realized the 2018s should be out soon. Not sure if it is worth waiting a couple months to see if anything groundbreaking comes along.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:20 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are wise to try before you buy. I wonder, the 750 single certainly has more torque and thus horsepower than the 500. How to utilize this advantage in acceleration? I don't know, but the ability to rev quickly is not necessarily a big engines strength. Both engines may rev at about the same rate. Think of a 1200cc 4 cylinder sport motorcycle versus a 1200 cc Harley. Even if the weight were the same between the two, the 4 cylinder will rev and get to peak horsepower much faster than the big twin Harley engine.

The 750 will push more snow, pull more weight, and not bog down going up steep hills. But it may not accelerate any faster.

I have to be careful on my Can Am as it pulls so hard, so quickly that the front end gets light, especially going up hill. It has more acceleration than I can ever use. I think that is the advantage of a twin over a single, or a 4 cylinder over a twin.

It all depends on what you are going to do with your ATV. For example, sporty trail riding or pulling logs out of the woods.

David

Old 04-17-2017, 12:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There should be more of a noticeable difference, especially in low end. You're talking about around 15 more hp with machines basically the same weight. It should be night and day difference. Should be much stronger acceleration with the 750. As far as 2018's go, I don't Suzuki is going to change anything but its possible. I'd like to see Honda build a decent big-bore 4x4 atv as well.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by greg74
There should be more of a noticeable difference, especially in low end. You're talking about around 15 more hp with machines basically the same weight. It should be night and day difference. Should be much stronger acceleration with the 750. As far as 2018's go, I don't Suzuki is going to change anything but its possible. I'd like to see Honda build a decent big-bore 4x4 atv as well.
Maybe I was just expecting a little too much when i took it out. (only had it for a few minutes). I think i was expecting close to the feeling accelerating on the outlander 570. Although i did still notice a difference in the 750 and 500. Maybe i would feel it more out on the trails though.

Its a really touch decision for me though.

kingquad 750 is $10,800 with a winch
outlander 570xt is $10,000
(canadian)

I guess its a decision only i can make though, but definitely leaning towards the suzuki as everywhere i read says they are pretty bulletproof and can ams are not.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:53 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The good folks here on ATV Connection advised me to "pick my poison" and start enjoying the hobby. So I did and stopped worrying about this brand or that brand. The Suzuki is a very solid machine. The Can Am is a high strung prima donna. I went with Can Am because I liked the color. Dumb reason, but so far so good. It rides and handles well, pushes snow well, backs up the trailer well, and has a lot of gitty up.

Flip a coin...

David

Old 04-18-2017, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where the KQ750 really shines is with it's torque and where it makes it. You can pull anything reasonable with ease and the power is very controllable, but if you hammer it down, it will fly.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

I figured I would make a quick post of how the two compare now that I have it .

the outlander pulls away fairly easily and stays ahead . The kingquad's top speed is 106kph (66mph) no matter how far I go, whereas my buddy got the outlander to 114kph (71mph) and he may have been able to get it a little higher. I was a little surprised by the lowish top speed of the kingquad after hearing lots of people say their's goes faster.

That being said... I am still extremely happy with my purchase. expecially since 99.9% of the time I don't have enough room to get it any higher than 80kph (50mph) on the trails I ride and neither of us can really pull away from each other while riding on the trails.

The drag race was really just for bragging rights

Old 06-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will not be disappointed with the KQ750. And I bet in time it will get close to 70mph. But like you said, you don't need the top speed. If you need to pull something, that is where it will shine or the trail ridding. I really loved mine.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:43 AM
Range Rover

I don't get the whole speed craze with utility quads. You stated your primary use is trail riding, not trail racing. Why not just get the ATV that you feel most comfortable riding and spending your hard earned money on?

If speed is your primary concern, then its hard to beat CanAm. If long term reliability and value are more important, hard to beat the KingQuad.

As a KingQuad owner and trail rider, I am biased towards the Suzuki. Both purchases would have their advantages, so hard to go wrong.