Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

03 Vinson 700 Hours 3k miles .. is it too much?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 07:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Vinson 700 Hours 3k miles .. is it too much?

I can get one of these locally for probably $2k. It looks in nice shape.

I just feel like thats REALLY high for hours and miles.

Thoughts?

Old 04-28-2017, 07:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I sold my 4x4 years ago with 2400 miles and it was in good shape with many miles to go with no problem..

Old 04-28-2017, 11:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Vinson is a good quad, I nearby bought one a couple years ago myself. Assuming its in good mechanical shape, 2K is a bargain. The only thing you might need to do is put on a new belt if its never been replaced, belt costs about $100. I'm making the assumption its the auto version though I knew they also made a semi-auto foot shift version. It may need other routine maintence as well like brakes and wheel bearings but that goes for any quad. Just had to get new front brakes and front wheel bearing for my 650. A lot depends on how the quad was treated. A well-maintained 3000 miles is a lot different than 3000 miles of abuse. Make sure it starts and idles fine and doesn't smoke. You can't expect showroom new condition for that price but if it starts, runs and rides fine, that's not a bad price. If you think about it, that's only about 200 miles per year. Most people ride a lot more than that. NADA does give a slightly lower value though, I think once quads get older, they depreciate them at a higher rate 2003 Suzuki LT-A500FK3 Vinson Prices and Values - NADAguides. They're saying $1500 for average condition, not too far off and it sounds like it would be in better condition than average.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Eiger 400

I purchased my Eiger earlier this year. It had 1200 miles on it fully loaded with forward and rear bars including front winch with 50ft foot cable.
I paid $3000.00 and I'm very happy with it. The unit looks like it just rolled out of the show room. Very, very clean with little wear on the tires. I ordered a carburetor rebuild kit due to the fact that the carb gaskets showed dry rot from sitting covered for several years.
I'm certain that it's probably got the original flywheel that's been troubling the Eiger. I will order the updated version shortly to replace. I worked it hard last fall pulling firewood and logs and Will work it hard this fall. I replaced the oil with the best ATV oil that money can buy. It's operating very well. USN(RET)