Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

1985 suzuki lt125 clicking in reverse, please read

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2001, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a suzuki lt-125 (2 wheel drive with a snow plow) about a year ago and got a good year of snow pushing out of it (didnt do too bad either) but on the last snow the reverse on it started clicking and sounding terrible. It sounds just like your chain is slipping, so i tightened it and it still does it alot. Could the reverse gear in the transmission be chipped? It doesnt do it on every rotation of the gear, it is more like whenevere I gas it hard.

I bought this for my little brother to cruse around in the yard with, and for me to push some snow, but now he wants a quad he can start and is a nicer to ride.

I really want to fix it up so it runs great (its runs great forward, and starts easy) But it needs new breaks, and the whole reverse thing worked out. So what do you think it is worth right now, and if I get it fixed? Thanks a whole lot, I cant decide what to do.

Old 04-22-2001, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

anyone..............?

Old 04-23-2001, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

surely someone knows the answer to atleast one of my questions.

Old 04-23-2001, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

I have no idea of the value thing. That is subject to condition, age, etc.

If the reverse gear is gone you should see some metal in the oil. You can check the oil and filter for shavings. Every bike/quad I've owned I drill a hole in the oil drain plug (not all the way through of course) and inserted a small magnet. This will catch any shavings floating around in the oil that may not get picked up by the oil pump.

Good Luck,
Rob

Old 04-23-2001, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

thank you, i never thought to check the oil, it is in great condition, starts up 1st pull, and just plain hasnt been ridden much, runs great too, forward that is.

Old 05-15-2020, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by derekhonda
I bought a suzuki lt-125 (2 wheel drive with a snow plow) about a year ago and got a good year of snow pushing out of it (didnt do too bad either) but on the last snow the reverse on it started clicking and sounding terrible. It sounds just like your chain is slipping, so i tightened it and it still does it alot. Could the reverse gear in the transmission be chipped? It doesnt do it on every rotation of the gear, it is more like whenevere I gas it hard.

I bought this for my little brother to cruse around in the yard with, and for me to push some snow, but now he wants a quad he can start and is a nicer to ride.

I really want to fix it up so it runs great (its runs great forward, and starts easy) But it needs new breaks, and the whole reverse thing worked out. So what do you think it is worth right now, and if I get it fixed? Thanks a whole lot, I cant decide what to do.
You said you fixed it, how did you do it?