Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2000 quadrunner ltf250f clutch replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 10:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 quadrunner ltf250f clutch replacement.

Ok guys I’m new to the atv world, I have worked on cars quite a bit but never an atv. I am going to have to replace the centrifugal clutch as well as the plates do to clutch issues. That being said are there any surprises I should know or tricks that can help me? I know you remove the clutch cover on the right side of the quad but I want to make sure it does not have to go back a certain way. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-04-2018, 03:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Don't know the 250f but I made a right bog of the first multiplate I did on a quad, as the back steel plate usually has to engage on one part of the clutch centre, and the rest on the other part, get it wrong and everything locks up when you tighten the centre nut. Also some clutch centre nuts are RH thread, some LH thread, a manual will tell you if the 250f has a LH thread or not. Also, no point in fitting both clutches if one is OK, the centrifugal is easy, if there is lining on the shoes all the way round, it is OK. If there is metal to metal contact, it will be slipping. If there is just a little lining left all the way round, it may be worth fitting new shoes, but it must be the multiplate that is slipping.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks.

Thanks for the info. It is hard to get in and out of gear/reverse etc, and when in the higher gears it slips. I just went ahead and bought the whole basket and plates already together so I am assuming I can just pull the old one and pop the new one right back on.