Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Quadrunner Cooling Fans

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chuck,
I was wondering about your fan set up... Is it waterproofed somehow so when you cross deep streams or run through mud holes, it doesn't short?

Mark

Old 07-10-2001, 11:42 AM
Trailblazer

I think the site that you're looking for is http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/kingquad/ I don't believe they have any cooling modifications on it yet though.

Chuck, do you have any pictures of where you mounted your fan?

Old 07-10-2001, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

Mike,
Thanks for the link.
Mark

Old 07-10-2001, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

Mike, I did take pics of the bench work and the installation of the fan. I don't have a digital cam or a scanner as yet so I can't get them on line. My wife is in process of purchasing another computer and we may get a scanner too. At least, I'm talkin' it up! Maybe before the end of the month.
I've gone through water, mud and bushes. The fan still works fine. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Mechanically, it was not a big deal but I had problems with the electrical until I got help from Eric and a friend in the electrical field. I will try to sit and write the info out for you if you'd like. I have a diagram (electrical)that I can put on disk too.
Chuck

Old 07-12-2001, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Suzuki fan. If anyone is interested, I'll share my experience with the installation.

Mark

Old 07-12-2001, 10:53 AM
Trailblazer

Mark, I'd sure be interested in knowing how that works out and how it installs. Are you going to add an oil cooler also, or are you just going with the fan? I'd also like to hear what you paid for the Suzuki unit.

Good luck
Mike

Old 07-12-2001, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Mike,
The 250 Quadrunner 4x4(according to the local dealer) doesn't take an oil cooler as an accessory. I asked when ordering the cooling fan and he couldn't find an oil cooler for it. The fan will be here probably early next week.

I'm almost embarrassed to say that the fan costs $289.00. But hey, I'm among friends right?

I think I'll feel good about spending all of that money if it works as advertised and isnt' too hard to install. The peace of mind it will buy me is worth the money.

I'm already thinking of my next mod. I think I'm going to put a different exhaust on my KQ. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Has anyone done this?

Mark

Old 07-12-2001, 07:12 PM
Trailblazer

Mark, I wouldn't feel too bad about the price if it works. I was quoted 400 at one of our local shops. That's why I started looking for an alternative.

As for the pipe, Chuck has one on a King Quad and should be able to give you a first hand report.

Mike

Old 07-15-2001, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

I think you have made your choice and you should be happy with it. But if you think the 250 FourRunner is gonna be a King Quad, that's not going to happen my friend. If you want the KQ you should consider trading. Frankly, your Four Runner, is faster than all the King's out there. You don't have all the advantages of the Suzuki King Quad but a lot of similarities. Just have fun riding. Don't worry about the dumb stuff.
Chuck

Old 07-16-2001, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

Chuck,
I think you misunderstood. I have both a 2000 250 Quadrunner 4X4 and a 2000 KQ. I agree wholeheartedly about the 250 Quadrunner being faster. I've put Dynojet kits and K&N filters in each and tuned both for operation above 6000 ft. because that's where I usually ride. I attended an ATV Jamboree end of last month with a friend. I let her ride the Quadrunner. I rode the KQ. I couldn't catch her on some rides.

I'm not trying to make the 250 Quadrunner into a KQ, just trying to stop it from overheating. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My last post talked about putting a different pipe on my KQ. What did you put on yours?

Mark

Quick Reply: Quadrunner Cooling Fans