Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

1987 Suzuki LT300???

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2001, 01:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know anything about these critters? Have an opportunity to buy one but have yet to find any info on them. Haven't seen it and don't have pictures so I don't even know what it looks like. Any kind of info...specs...pics on this is appreciated.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2001, 04:39 PM
Range Rover

i own one of those beasts.
They are a SOHC 4 valve sport/utility quad. They have very large rear tires and small fronts, that makes them look funny. Mine came with front and rear racks. Electric start with aux. pull. Mine got up to 56mph after a fresh top end. They wheelie easily and go through snow and sand awesome.
Have had a few problems with starters, batteries, carbs, and breaking the starter clutch and the auto clutch. No problems with the main motor. They have lots of power, very little suspension.
Had to weld the frame and bearing carrier after many accidents.
The quad is old, don't pay much for it. They do have a mile meter to check milage if it still works.
If you have any qustions about it, e-mail me, I have taken the motor apart many times.
Derek, ProtegeDK @aol.com

Old 11-08-2003, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default 1987 Suzuki LT300???

Hey DK, how many miles would be considered "Wow thats a lot of miles on this thing", I also have an oppurtunity to buy one and I'm thinking about it. Owner says it runs great. Thanks

Old 11-08-2003, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default 1987 Suzuki LT300???

I used to have one of those too. I thought it kinda sounded like a street bike at high rpm's. the gas tank was underneath the back right fender. They do look like tractors. the suspension wasn't very good but it did alright if you didn't treat it like a sport quad. most powerful 300 i've ever ridden. workhorse for sure.

Old 08-26-2017, 05:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default carburetor problems with my 87 lt

Picked one of these babies up about two months ago and fixed the snapped throttle cable and pullstart. The thing is beat to hell by its 5 or 6 previous owners and is aesthetically destroyed but ran like an absolute beast. It ran until last weekend but now I believe there is a problem with the carburetor. The engine starts for two seconds but takes in too much fuel and bogs out. My buddy who is a small engine mechanic believes it is a broken float and that sounds pretty reasonable to me. Just wondering if any of you have had a similar problem and can confirm our suspicions or provide us with the real solution

Old 08-23-2018, 02:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I’ve rode this quad for years. It’s amazing, was my great grandfathers and he lives deep in gravel backroads right off of beaver lake in AK, my parents now have property down the road and if you know anything about the landscape around beaver lake it’s pretty wild. We work the crap out of this baby and she’s never done us wrong. Went to everything apart besides engine and chain, cleaned and replaced all brakes, brand new tires, new handle bar, long story short I’ve done a lot. The chain recently got loose out of nowhere and we’ve never had to tighten it before, it’s enclosed, my dad and I are torn in deep on it and we just stuck dead in the water. Can’t get it to tighten, nothing seems to work, and I’m sure a new chain and sprockets will be great for it but we still can’t get any type of small adjustment or progress as it sits, because need to know how to tighten it be we remove it completely. I’ve only seen like three used manuals for sale on eBay for these quads too and they range from 25-60$ in asking price I believe. Just a very sentimental quad to the family, my 88 year old great grandmother still sees the family ride the quad and put it to work. Runs great, but I have found absolutely zero info for anything at all on this, any help or information is much appreciated l.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

I don't know that particular model, but from the picture https://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oem...962/rear-wheel it looks fairly standard. Slacken nuts & bolts 48 to 51 and locknut 45 then move adjuster bolt 44 to slacken or tighten chain. When you re-tighten those 48 & 49 bolts the adjustment usually alters, so check, slacken off and re-adjust, if needed.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Much appreciated. It’s a LT300E Quadrunner. I don’t know off the top of my head or that diagram if we have gotten into every one of those bolts. I am going to follow the steps you listed with the diagram next week. It appears to be the correct one from just the shape of the parts I see. I will post again if said steps fail and there might be a different problem, or I will post that I have succeeded. Again, thank you, been a struggle to get good info.