Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I need your Quadzilla feedback

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 05:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For long term reliabilty, keep the motor as stock as possible. A well jetted and adjusted Mikuni can work well. I've had at least three LT500's with porting work, Keihin carbs, various pipes, etc. I no longer own them. Got tired of spending the money and time to make them run right. Currently, the three 500's I own are basically stock, and I love the fact that all I do is clean air filters. I've had great results with a pipe, re-jetted carb, Uni Filter, no top on air box. All my carbs spend a few days at PEP for a re-jet. They do alot of work, emulsion tube, etc. Spending money on suspension and tires/wheels will allow you to use all the power you have. Depending on the type of riding you do, selecting the rear wheel/tire combination that weighs the least will deliver great results It's like purchasing free, reliable, inexpensive horsepower as you are reducing the rotating mass. Your stock shocks are Showa's. They are rebuildable. Focus on using the power you have.

Old 08-16-2001, 11:21 AM
Range Rover

I agree with superJetter. I had a '87 that was modded to the max and the thing was super fast but really had to much power for most riding conditions. I bought a stock '88 and simply put a PTR exhuast on it and some 18' Turf Tamers on Douglas wheels and I can make it around our MX track SO much faster than I could on my '87. I plan to not touch the engine anymore and instead invest in some aftermarket suspension and an axle. It should really fly around the track then. Later.

Old 08-20-2001, 04:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just stay with the stock carb if ur not goin to be racing. As for pipes the stock one is fine but when u get into racing conditions, u'll need somethin with more bite. On my dragster, I ordered cones from dynoport and had them positioned and then welded, caution very loud and much power. I wouldn't recommend this for anything but drag racing.

Old 08-20-2001, 05:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

I appreciate all of the feedback, and understand the recommendations on staying stock, however my stock carb is cracked, so I need to buy a new one, and I have no stock pipe and tip.

Thanks,

Jason