Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

suzukis..new 50cc quad???

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2001, 03:25 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

christmas will be here before you no it and my question is does anyone own one of these yet???? if so how do you like it... i sat the kid on it yesterday and he fit it perfect and can reach and operate the brakes and gear nicely ... ive already heard about the restrictor plate so that will be comeing off when hes ready not a problem... any input will help... Jim N. Las Vegas NV.

Old 08-24-2001, 06:41 AM
Range Rover

I started my son out on a 2001 model LT50. It turned out to be a great first quad. Very easy for a small kid to handle. It was reliable and always ran great. This quad had a design that was over ten years old. And I still liked it. (So did my son)

The new Suzuki is only going to be much better. I would buy one in a heartbeat if my little girl was ready. Maybe next year. With the suspension and floorboards it will be much safer, and I still like the size. So many of the 50cc quads out there today are as big as 80s or 90s.

Another thing that I really liked about both the old design and the new design....are the hand controls. They are just the right size for a kid that size. Many of the quads today have huge levers and thumb throttles. The smaller controls will keep the kid in control much better.

I don't know what other 50cc quads you are considering, but I think the LT50 would be an awesome choice that you will not regret. Good luck with what ever you buy. I hope you and your kid has as much fun as my son and I do.

One more unsolicited thought...
Don't let anyone talk you into buying a bigger quad than fits your kid. You said the LT50 fits your kid right now. Someone will probably try to talk you into a bigger quad that he or she will grow into. Don't do it. I let my son ride one summer on his 50 and sold it when he was big enough(both physically and mentally) to move up. I lost a little money doing it that way but it was well worth it. I have seen many kids on a machine that doesn't fit them right now. This leeds to frustration for the kid, because they can't handle it like they need, and want to. It also makes it very dangerous. I believe in stair stepping a kid through the machines as they need it. Don't buy one machine and expect it to be the last one you will have to buy for a long time.

Old 08-24-2001, 11:05 AM
Trailblazer

We have had the new 2002 Quadmaster 50 for about 4 months now, at first I was not impressed, it didn't start well and wouldn't idle. With the stock exaust restrictor in the bike wouldn't even move, so we took it out after about 2 minutes. The only major problem is the centrifical clutch that is used. If you adjust the throttle restrictor to a slow speed it won't take off real well and won't climb any kind of a slope, but if you adjust it to take off quick and climb anything it will go too fast. The bike is getting better with more ride time on it, I think it is now getting broke in. It now does take off and climb better. The only gripes I still have are the front brakes are useless (kid can't pull it hard enough), still doesn't start as easily as it should, with all of the plactic it is a bugger to work on, a little overpriced compared to other 50's (no electric start). I know it sounds like I don't like the bike but I would highly recomend it for the smaller first time rider. The bike is properly sized, the controls are all kid sized, excellent quality, and good fit and finish. Over all good bike and seems to be getting better. The suspension is minimal but still seems to work better than most of the competitors. I agree that all of the other 50's are way too big for the smaller riders. I would not worry too much about the cost as the kids bike are always in demand and bring top dollar. You may want to wait until closer to X mas to purchase because the manufacturers usually offer cash back or free accessories on the bikes. Our youngest that rides the bike is not quite 4 and about 40" tall and 40 lbs. and has no problems at all.