Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

quadracer reliability

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking about buying a quadracer 250 and getting rid of my Blaster. Well it seems that everytime I take a ride on my Blaster something gets broken. I am now going to have to put in the third top end in under 8 months. I am wondering if I wont have the same 2 stroke related problems with the quadracer and maybe should just go for a 4 stroke. I love the power of the 2 strokes but now it I have to put in new top ends every couple of months.

Old 08-27-2001, 01:43 AM
Range Rover

dude what are you runnin in your bike!!! damn... third top end??? your engine should be way more reliable than that!! if your gona run the lt as hard as you run your blaster then yeah you probably have the same problem. dude i would seriously look into why your bike isnt reliable. i had a 98 banshee and i just took the original pistons out at the start of the year....and that thing went hard every weekend at the dunes. find out what your doing wrong with your engines or maintenance and then it wont matter which bike you get....but you will love an lt over the blaster anyday....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2001, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

I dont know what is wrong with this tying. I mean I run the most expensive oil I can find. Try not to over rev it. I think I just maybe over revving with my trinity pipe on. I guess I will rebuild it then put the stocker back on.

Old 08-27-2001, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

Come on man, take the time to find out what is wrong with your bike, it is something SERIOUS and it for damn sure aint your pipe.

Old 08-27-2001, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

The problem with your blaster is probably that it isnt jetted properly or if you still have the oil injector, the oil injector isnt working properly. Or possibly an air leak some where causing a lean condition. What size jets are you running in your blaster and are you using the oil injector or running premix?

Old 08-27-2001, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

I have an oil injection block off kit so I am preimixing bel-ray mc1 at a 50/1 ratio. The jetting is a tad bit rich so it smokes a little.But I am not sure exactly what size jet I am running. The jetting is really good. But I think that my pipe makes me overev and get the top end too hot.

Old 08-27-2001, 06:52 PM
Range Rover

What kind of air filter are you running and how old is it? If your bike really is jetted properly then something else is definently wrong. I would put on a new K&N filter regardless because the one that you have could be damaged and letting crud into your engine. Just becuase your bike smokes doesn't mean it is running rich, all 2-strokes smoke a lot. I would go up in main jet sizes one at a time until the bike starts missing and loading up on top and then go back down a size or two. Also since your main jet only effects 2/3 to full throttle be sure you are not running lean on your pilot jet and/or needle position. I would also check your crank bearings and seals. You can check the bearings by removing the flywheel cover and seeing if you can shake the flywheel at all, if there is any slop in there you will need to change the bearings. Also check for airleaks as mentioned. There is something definently wrong with your bike, a Blaster top end should last at least a year or two. As for the LT250R thing. I would also agree that you would enjoy one of them over a Blaster. If properly tuned and taken care of they are good reliable machines.

Old 08-27-2001, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Ok The jetteing is perfect. I have done plug chops. And I am running a brand new uni filter. And my entire bottum end has recently been replaced. All new bearings, new clutch. Everything is new and aftermarket!! And the pilot jet is alos good as is the idle jet screw. I mean the piston isnt seizing up but like this time it ust broke half of a weisco ring. Last time the rind floded over and jammed the piston. It isnt a jetting problem. I keep puting expensive weisco piston,rings and sleeves in and it keep messing up. I am thinking it is the trinity pipe because I have to rev it real high to keep it in the power or else it will bog and wont make it up any hills. I guess I will put in a new piston and try running the stock pipe to regain my rev limiter.

Old 08-27-2001, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

Its probably not so much as the reliability of the Quad Racer. Its how well you treat it. You treat it well, it will return with reliability.