Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Not to complain, but why would you buy the new Suzuk unless your dad owns a dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand that new sport quads, no matter what they are, can only help the market by forcing the other companies to step up, but what company will have to step up to beat the new Suzuki? It wont be a bad quad by any means, but it wont stand out, thats for sure. When the 400ex came out, the others had to make more power, better suspension, ect to compete, but I dont see how the new 400 will be able to compete with the other quads in any areas. It seems to have respectible power and weight, but then again the Raptor has more power, the Cannondale has better suspension, and the new Honda, from what I hear is not going to be anything to sneeze at. Point is: with a market as stiff as the sport ATV has become why did Suzuki choose to produce such a mediocre quad? I may live to eat these words, but this is how it looks from my angle

Old 10-11-2001, 12:42 AM
Range Rover

Here's a few reasons:
Brand Loyalty
Good looks
Awesome engine
Good features
Hopefully a reasonable price.

Old 10-11-2001, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

Bigger isn't always better. (Did I say that?) Point is, there is room for a better MID-size sport quad, especially since this is the displacement for most MX type racing classes. This should be aimed at the 400EX and even the Cannondale, even though its' looks make you think Raptor or DS.
I think it looks great and the motor is awesome. I hope it delivers and kicks some booty. Bring it on!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2001, 04:51 AM
Range Rover

I can remember when the 400ex came out & all the magazinessaid that it would beat a Banshee...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Lie #1. When the DS650 was made, again they mentioned how bad it would beat the Banshee....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Lie #2. Then the Raptor came out & they said that is was faster than a YZF426...Lie #3[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] When it comes to the performance department for new atvs. If I don't see it I won't believe it, because maybe it's just the atv magazines, but excessive lying is very well spread!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

01 Raptor
01 GSX-R750
Anything else would be uncivilized!!!!

Old 10-11-2001, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't understand your logic.The Suzuki comes out with a new 400 that uses a modern engine design, is liquid cooled, has reverse, and weighs less than the 400EX and it is mediocre? No. It is a step above the 400EX. Now what is so different between the 400 and the Raptor? Aside from engine size exactly what does the Raptor hold over the Suzuki as far as technology? The both use the same type of frame layout, both are liquid cooled, both have reverse, etc. They are no different except for cc's which means they are not even in the same class.

Now who cares if the Suzuki is not as trick as a Cannondale. Tell me how many Cannondales you have seen riding around in your town? Are they even comparable? No. While the price for the Quad Sport has not yet been released I truly doubt it is going to be in the $7000 range.

As far as the "rumored" new Honda. Don't get you panties in a bunch waiting for it. Honda takes forever to come out with a new model to compete with something. Back in the day it took them a year to compete with the Quadracer when the '86 250R first came out and then it took them two years before they figured out why the 250R kept spinning out (needed a shorter swingarm). It took Honda two years to come out with the 250X to compete against the Quad Sport while in the meantime the Quad Sport out sold the Quadracer two to one. That was a lot of potential lost sales for Honda.

Yeah, if I were you I'd keep holding out hope for a new Sport Trax 450 or a 650. I'm sure Honda is burning the midnight oil to come out with something while in the meantime they sell every 400EX they make.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]