Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2001, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have two Q's. I have a 86 Q RACER and is there any way to make the cluth pull easer? I have the pep cluth arm and the msa cluth lever with 3 levels of pull hard, normal,easy slots. on easy it still takes two hands to pull. what is the fix

next under power it won't shift to 3rd i have to let the rpm fall and then shift. well after that the race is over. with rpm low or motor not running it shifts fine. it did fine for the first 3 hours then it started doing it. thanks for your help

Old 10-22-2001, 01:41 PM
zoo
Pro Rider

The first thing I would ask you is; when is the last time you changed or maybe even lubed your clutch cable? You'd be suprised what a difference a new cable will make. On the same subject, I found that the PEP adjustable perch did nothing but position the lever closer to the grip.

You may want to try a longer clutch arm (I'm speaking of the one that comes directly out of the clutch cover). The only other alternative is the hydraulic clutch(works great, but costly).

On your second problem, if I was to guess I would say first check your clutch, and if it is in decent condition then your problem may be in you gear. Of course this is just my guess, so don't take it as fact.

Old 10-23-2001, 12:13 AM
Range Rover

I agree with ZOO it sounds like you should lube your cable and if that doesn't work then try a new one. As for the other problem if it is just third gear that is hard to get into it's probally that gear.