Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Eiger top speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eiger top speed

I've had mine doing @98 on the speedo. Its never hit a rev limiter yet, may be mine doesn't have one from the factory? If so when the motor blows Suzuki will be on the hook for a new one!HEEHEE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2004, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Eiger top speed

thats a joke 98 the speedo doesnt go past 60...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2004, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default Eiger top speed

<B>Polaris500HO4x4</B>

Sliver is from Canada so that would be in kph not mph on his quad. 98kph is about 61mph, still hard to believe.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2004, 02:23 AM
Trailblazer
Default Eiger top speed

Don't forget speedos tend to lie, but if I can get a friends GPS I'll post both km\h and mph. I also got that top speed at our cottage up north on logging roads and the air is alot cleaner, my truck gets better mileage up there. At home it will only do 94 km\h.

Old 10-14-2004, 08:24 AM
Trailblazer
Default Eiger top speed

I've only hit the rev limiter once with my 2003 5 speed. It was while "road running" and going down a hill. The speedometer was way past 90km/h and then the little -- after that. I figure that the suzuki engine won't go any faster than about 100km/h downhill. On the straights I've 95km/h with tires properly inflated at 4.0PSI and 4.7PSI. I also think that is true about the 5 speed being a little quicker and I am not being biased to the automatics, they're both a great machine!

Old 10-14-2004, 01:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default Eiger top speed

Mine showed 84 K on speedo (about 53 MPH) but GPS said 80 . This is automatic tranny. That was crouched over on gravel, slightly downhill. I have hard time believing they will do much more.

Old 10-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default Eiger top speed

You should check your carb or vent lines,mine pulls real good up to 90 then creeps up from there. I don't think an auto is that much slower.

Old 10-15-2004, 12:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eiger top speed

I was looking for a 4x2 manual for price, but walked into the dealership asking and they had the 4x4 full auto on sale for $3999!

So I got 2 one for my wife, and one for me. Her Rev limiter is about 1 mile per hour faster than mine. I wonder how you disable the rev limiter....

Old 10-19-2004, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default Eiger top speed

Mine will do approx 55. I say approx because it seems faster on some days than others, and 55 is a good average. Also, I have no idea if my speedo is accurate. Maybe I can get a cop to race me or use his radar on me. Yeah, right.
I'm intrigued about the possibility of defeating the rev limiter... how do we KNOW that there even is one? Does it say there is in some tech manual? Or maybe in the factory service manual?
Oh yeah, and people are always talking about CDI, but is our ignition a REAL CDI? OR is it solid state? Are there points to be adjusted, or is there a hall effect pickup? I'd be surprised to find points in today's modern machine.
Anyone put an accurate tachometer on their machine and checked the RPM at the high limit? I'd be curious about that, too.

Old 10-19-2004, 02:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eiger top speed

I found out going down hill on I87 by Strawberry, AZ It hit 52, and the engine would cut/start/cut/start/cut/start... Cars don't like to be stuck behind Quads very long... If I could only get to 55-60...

It may be that it was going to fast of an RPM for the valve springs to keep up, but I doubt it! It was very easy to see. Now that's on an Auto...

And yes we have a CDI, I see there is a reverse diode tied into a rectifier which hooks into the CDI, By reverse revs are limited by that would be my guess, but what it points to is that there is CPU control for rev limits. The Eiger just isn't a big enough Quad for anyone to really look into it and hop up the CDI system. No points, just a coil, and a CDI unit which takes care of...Wave Form arrangmnet circuit, Ignition Power source, DC-DC conver CPU and Driver... or so says the manual page 8-17.

I'll bet you get up to speed fast with the Vinson Carb on it. I would think you could go faster than 55 with it, or do you seem to hit some artifical limit?

Quick Reply: Eiger top speed