Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Looking for a snow plow for my Lt2504wd

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 11:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this quad to small for plowing and would it be worth the money?

Old 01-03-2002, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

I own a 2000 250 4X4 Quadrunner and would have to say that I think it could handle a plow. With ANY ATV that you attach a plow too, you'd have to put the shocks on the stiffest settings. When you lift it (the plow) off the ground, you don't want the ATV shocks compressing too badly. I have a Cycle Country plow on my Vinson, and it weighs between 60-90 pounds. So you can imagine how your ATV would handle if that weight was on your front rack.

With the low range of the 250, I think you could plow. I know folks that have plows attached to King Quads, and the KQ engine is only 34cc bigger than the 250. They are probably the better people to answer your question.

Does your machine have the super low range? I guess it's ultimately your call. But one thing to think about is that you may get a bigger ATV in the future. At least on my Cycle Country plow, you can mount it to any ATV just by buying the brackets for that model. So you wouldn't have to buy a completely new plow if you bought a new ATV in the future.

Mark

Old 01-03-2002, 01:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

I plow with my 94 250 4wd and you would be amazed at the amount of snow it will push. Last year I had snow pushing over the top of the blade and it never slowed down. In real wet snow traction might be a problem but I have not experienced any problems. Cycle Country has an easy mount and simple mechanism. I would definately do it again.

Old 01-03-2002, 04:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

You'll have no problem pushing snow with the 250 4x4,even though the stock tires are less than desirable.

Have fun,
Bill

Old 01-05-2002, 05:21 AM
Trailblazer

Yes, the snow plow is worth the $$$. But there are several manufacturers and I would suggest you get the Cycle Country. If you have a problem after installation, like bending or breaking, just call the company. They will make good on their product.
After hitting a crack in the sidewalk while plowing snow, I called the company and told them that the frame bent and I wanted to know what a new frame would cost? They told me to send the frame back and they would replace it. I end up repairing it at work with help of my millwright friends. But it's a good feeling when you know you can get it replaced or repaired by the manufacturer to satisfy your needs, at little or no cost. That's Cycle Country... No I don't work there but I like those folks...
Chuck

Old 01-05-2002, 05:51 AM
Pro Rider

That 250 is a workhorse!! That thing has more gears than a semi LOL!!I Know it will push snow, my friend has one and he pulls small logs up to his house to cut up as fire wood.

Old 01-05-2002, 08:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I HAVE A 2000 KINGQUAD WITH A CYCLE COUNTRY PLOW THAT I USE TO PLOW MYSELF AND MY FAMILY MEMBERS DRIVES WITH. TRUST ME YOU WILL BE VERY SATISFIED WITH THE RESULTS YOU GET WITH ONE. MY QUAD ALSO HAS THE ORIGINAL TIRES AND IT DOES A VERY FINE JOB. GO AHEAD AND HAVE FUN. ITS THE MOST FUN I'VE HAD PLOWING SNOW IN A LONG TIME.

Old 01-10-2002, 11:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

What would be a good plow a 48" or a 60" plow for my Suzuki Lt2504wd? Would I be better off with a 48" plow? Would it be stressing it if I went for a larger plow?
Thanks

Old 01-10-2002, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

At least in Utah, I think sidewalks are a standard 48" in width. A 60" plow would tear up the grass. Something to consider if you want to plow sidewalks too.

Mark

Old 01-11-2002, 11:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah thats something to think about. I think a bigger plow would benifit me when i plow tha drive way. The side walks would be a problem.

Quick Reply: Looking for a snow plow for my Lt2504wd