Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

UNBE-F'N-LIEVABLE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, as some of you may know, I purchased a beat to hell 87 Zilla earlier this summer, and after 2 days of riding it went all to cat poop......It needed brakes, tires, shocks, susp. bearings, wheel bearings, carb leaked fuel, gas tank leaked, grab bar fell off, throttle stuck, coil was taped to the frame, etc....(there's alot more, but that's the major stuff)...Now, let me tell you I was scared to take the side covers off the motor, but when I did.........Everything, EVERYTHING looked brand spankin' new. The gears show absolutley no signs of wear, all the shafts and bearings are nice and tight, there's no play in the crank bearings, all the seals look good, clutch looks brand new, even the oil looked to have been changed recently-I couldn't believe it. The screws and bolts look as though they've been taken out (edges are slightly rounded), so I'm assuming its been pretty much all rebuilt. The piston and cylinder are in decent shape, but I'm taking it another .020 (to .080 altogether) just to be safe.........And to think I almost took back everything I ever said about the previous owner!! But, I'm sure the guy he got it from had all the work done....If he still lived around here I'd find out for sure.....Oh, well, there's my story!.....Latah...........