Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Suzuki totally did it right... But... What if...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, Suzuki has probably built the best quad ever... PROBABLY... And I wouldn't be suprised AT ALL if they make an MX team... But, what if Honda Kawi or Polaris comes out with something semi-threatening and maybe even back up their product with a factory team?

And then in 2004 or 2005 we see a Z400R? A racing edition of the current Z400 with no reverse, lights, electric start, and maybe punched out to 440?

Think they'll offer a contingency program as well? Win a race on a late model zuki quad and get paid?

Just thoughts... What do you think? I think it probably won't happen, but it would be cool...

Old 01-26-2002, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Suzuki already made the best quad of all time, the Quadzilla LT-500. I don't know if they'l ever top that with a four stroke but I'm a 2-stroke lover and by the way if anybody has any info or anything about the LT-500 I am in the market for one.

Old 01-26-2002, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, the Quadzilla was definitely one of the best quads ever made without a doubt, but this new quad is going to be making only ten HP less give or take and it looks like the frame and handling will be out of this world...

Old 01-27-2002, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think we'll ever see suzuki use the name quadracer again, i think that they want to step away from that image(or atleast their lawyers want them to) I also do not think that suzuki will ever make a z-400 without electric start or lights. The lights could easily be removed though, and in dirt rider magazine they said that an electric start drz-400e/s could easily be converted over to kickstart, although a drz-400 kickstart model couldn't be converted to electric start. As far as a 440cc engine goes, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see suzuki use a 436 bore kit, i think that there is a reason that they engineered all of that extra material inbetween the nikasil and water jackets, they were def planning for the future. As far as reverse goes, i would love to see a z400 made without it, but it would mean that suzuki would have to design and manufacture 2 differnt transmissions for the same quad, something i don't see happening. I def think that the contingency program is a possiblity, they offered it with the drz-400 after all.

Old 01-27-2002, 03:05 AM
Pro Rider

<< Suzuki already made the best quad of all time, the Quadzilla LT-500. I don't know if they'l ever top that with a four stroke but I'm a 2-stroke lover and by the way if anybody has any info or anything about the LT-500 I am in the market for one. >>

Trader Online
and
Offroad Havenfor details.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2002, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

I think if Suzuki was to make a Z400R or whatever, I could see them removing reverse, the lights, and that stuff, but I personally would want the electric start for dead engine starts,like what they have in the GNCC. I mean it doesnt add that much weight does it? Even if it did I would still want it, but thats personal preference.

Old 01-27-2002, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I think Suzuki might be considering bringing back the Quadracer name because they are sponsoring Bill Ballance... Actions are stronger than words... Maybe in a few years we'll see a ***** to the wall racer..?

As for Electric start, I agree, it would be pretty good to have it for GNCC and stuff, but I think I'd remove mine for racing... It should add a bit of weight with the battery and everything...

As for the Tranny, I'm pretty sure the Bike tranny or at least the gears should fit, and it doesn't have reverse... I think zuki would probably just use that tranny, the gearing might be a little different, but maybe they'd keep the taller gears for a racing version?

Old 01-27-2002, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

The LT500 best quad ever? I agree fastest but would not even put it closest to best. It doesnt handle ver well and many other things with it. I would say the best quad ever would be something that is good at everything. Like the 250R, 400Ex, Ds, Raptor

Old 01-27-2002, 08:29 PM
Range Rover

Ds and Raptor best quad ever. I can see the 400ex and 250r but the ds and raptor haven't had enough time to prove themselves. Especilly the raptor.

Old 01-27-2002, 09:40 PM
The Facility

The best quad ever isn't even a sport machine at all.

The '88 to '00 Honda TRX300 and TRX300FW....hands down.

If you want to talk sport machines...no one can deny that the Honda TRX250R has that title.

The others you guys named are good machines,..but stick to statistics rather than your personal like or dislike of a particular machine when the subject is pertaining to the &quot;best&quot;. What works for you doesn't neccesarily mean that it works for the &quot;majority&quot; of riders out there.

KNOWSALOT

Quick Reply: Suzuki totally did it right... But... What if...?