Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z-400 , 15 coming

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 03:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My local Suzuki dealer told me yesterday he had 15 Z-400's coming at the beginning of April, $5,699, 4 already spoken for. I was told they were in limited production until August, but 15 at one dealer doesn't sound very limited.

Old 03-01-2002, 09:51 PM
The Facility

Your dealer may have 15 on order, but if what was stated by Suzuki is true,..He wont get them at one time in the first shipment.

I saw on here a few days ago about some dealer getting 5 in the first batch.

Well, word from Suzuki to us was that each dealer will be lucky to get 3 in the first shipments, with later shipments beginning in July or August.

That's what Suzuki stated at the dealer show in Indianapolis also.

To understand this fully, I will tell you how the ordering process works.

First,...NO UNITS have been promised to ANYONE yet. This wont happen until March 15...The initial order deadline.

Only then will the true number of allocated units for each dealer will be known. This is when your dealer will get an ACTUAL ship date. Usually precise to the very day of expected delivery. Despite what dealers are saying...there is no way they could know how many 400Z's they are getting in the first shipments until then. It's not a first come/first serve basis like it is with a cusomer wanting to buy one. It has nothing to do with how many deposits a dealer has on the quads.

Old 03-02-2002, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

I'm #4 on the local dealer list and if they get three in and I have to wait till summer or fall for mine, I will...well, there isn't much I can do. Seems strange there would be such a large time gap between shipments. We'll see....

Old 03-02-2002, 01:52 AM
Trailblazer

Do any of you guys know where this first batch of z400s will be made, japan or USA. Because if they are made in japan we here down under will see them very soon being so close, but if made in the USA only god knows when i will see mine on order. I know suzuki is building a factory in the USA but i dont think it will be complete for a while.So im thinking these units will be made in japan?...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2002, 01:53 AM
Trailblazer

That doesnt sound strange to me, actually sounds like an excellent plan on suzuki's part. They can actually see how the public is going to respond to them, then they can set production rates as needed.

It can also be a time period for a new model run-in. If there are any problems that arise from design flaws or mechanical failures and such could be addressed or service could be performed at the factory, instead of a mass product recall. Sounds to me like Suzuki is gonna be extremely aggressive with this bike.

Old 03-02-2002, 10:41 AM
Range Rover

Also,

The people who buy the first three from each dealer get to be the real test group. This way Suzuki can fix any problems that are found before they make any more....:*)

Take care,
Lorrin

Old 03-02-2002, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

Talked to my dealer on the 28th of Feb. and he placed the order that day. He has no idea how many units he will receive in the first shipment. He also said that the delivery date will be sometime in April. He will let me know three day's prior upon receiving the first quad because I'm first on the list. He won't even know when he will receive the first shipment in April until their loaded on the Viking trucks from California. However, he did say in the second shipment he will be getting some white ones.

As a footnote he also spoke with some people who already rode the lt400. They raced it against a raptor in a drag race and it was able to pull ahead in the low to midrange but the raptor was able to reel it on the top end. Sounds pretty impressive with only 400cc's. He also stated that Yoshimura will have an exhaust out real soon but the cost is $749. Ouch. Anyway I'm just stating what I was told.

Old 03-02-2002, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

The $749 pricetage on yoshi's pipe is for the full titanium pipe, they will probably make a stainless one too.

Old 03-10-2002, 08:34 PM
Range Rover

Well here is the scoop again, I don't know where you guy's are getting your info from but, I spoke to the sales manager at my Suzuki dealer and he said the VP of Suzuki northeast sales, told him they were getting 16 Z-400's in April. A ton of people replied to my post and said all dealers were getting 2 or 3 and the rest in August, my dealer said inphatically 16 in April and 50 or more in the summer.

Old 03-11-2002, 11:08 AM
Range Rover

I was also able to confim the orders from F&S Suziki in Dayton. They said that they ordered as many as they could and would be able to fulfill the orders that they had for people wanting them right now. The sales guy also said that he expected them to show up around the end of March or the first of April. This is pretty much falling in line with what others have said in this thread. Just FYI.

Balzak
2000 Scrambler 2x4 400
Too many mods to list