Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Extra plugs on '99 KingQuad

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2000, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone identified what the extra plugs are for on the KingQuad? I have a '99 and I have found at least three... one on each of the taillight harnesses, and one next to the front right shock. I know Eric has done a lot of work with the electrical system (Eric, thanks for the mod files) but I know the bike has seen some redesign since his '96. These are in addition to the accessory plug.

Old 02-22-2000, 06:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

trimmkm, I hope your enjoying the KQ. I will take a shot at your question. Their are the three plugs you have found plus four more you havent seen yet. Some countries receive quads with accessories we rarley see in the US. The Plug up front/right is for an accessorie Horn. This is a good place to connect a winch solenoid if you ever need to. The two in the rear Accommidate cornering lights if you can belive that. Some countries must require some strange things on ATV's. Their is even a plug for a high beam indicator light...Why in the heck would anyone need a high beam indicator on a quad? Anyway, Hope this helps.

Old 02-27-2000, 07:38 AM
Range Rover

I noticed some of the extra plugs in the microfiche I received for the King. Especially the one for the horn. I even have the part numbers so guess what is on my thoughts.

ScEd is correct on the others as well. I saw them on the microfiche as well.

Thanks for the compliment on the modifications. I am glad I could help. I am getting a digital camera so will be taking some pictures of my quad with the modifications so I can include them when someone needs to "see" how I did the them. Plus I would like to show the fuse/relay setup in the batter compartment, as well as the chainsaw holder I made for the front.

Old 02-27-2000, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

Cool, a horn and marker lights! Actually, I could not see the need for a horn, but having the powered plugs would be nice. Now, for the marker lights wires in the rear, I haven't checked them out. Are they powered? Have you found the other end (where I could put a switch or the like)? Eric... I would be interested in seeing the chain saw mount.

Some other things I have done to the KQ... added custom made CV boot protectors out of ABS material, and a custom GPS mount out of the same. ABS pipe can be flatened out when heated to the right temperature in an oven. I don't have all the details, I have only gotten a few sheets of the stuff off a friend. Once its flat, its really easy to work with. It can be cut to any shape with a jig saw, and with a little heat from a torch, it can be bent into almost any form. The CV boot protects are about 1/4" thick, start at the trailing edge of the A-arm, wrap around the front edge of the A-arm, and go up to the level of the top A-arm. They are held on with tie wraps, which work well, except on the coldest days. I will have to snap a few pictures and post them for those who would be interested.

Between those items and the shock protectors (made from water proof nylon) I have added about $200 worth of accessories for about $30 and some of my time. Not a bad deal!

Old 02-27-2000, 10:06 PM
Range Rover

When I get the camera and the pictures taken I will let you know.

I put brake lights and backup light on my King.

I can understand your thoughts on the horn, however there have been times when it might be worth having. However I was looking more at a siren. I am trying to figure out the best way to use the quad to support both the fire company and ambulance association of which I am a member.

Looking for any excuse to be able to ride.