Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Shocks for lt80

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 10:37 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

raptor 720
I take it you have used the kasea shocks on the lt80? How do they hold up to mx racing. My sons not the fastest on the track but on the other hand not afraid of any jumps bottoms the shock out all the time (80lbs).

Old 03-15-2002, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

We race in outlaw 90cc classes in Southern California and have developed a fairly large group of kids that love to race. Although I elected to switch all efforts to the Kasea (I believe it is superior in every respect), I have experience with the LT80 and we still have a few hold outs that have not converted over. Aside from the many differences in the two machines, one of the biggest improvements on the Kasea over the LT80 is the fact that the Kasea has a rear swing arm. Of the swing armed youth atv's, the Kasea arm is the strongest and it has the best factory shock by far (now the DS90 has a fair shock from what I have seen).

In the two years that we have run the Kasea's on MX tracks, we have not had a shock failure. The only thing I need to do was replace the center bushing on each end of the shock (I made larger bushings to take up the slack in the rubber). I will admit that recently Kasea has had a number of issues with a batch of rear shocks but they told me that the issue would be resolved soon and that they would send me a number so shocks for stock.

The LT80's that don't have any shock mods are dangerous at best on the track. The ones that have added Works shocks (at a great expense) seem to do slightly better. We did add Kasea shocks to one LT80 (yes the rear needed some slight mods to fit). That LT80 ran superior to the Works shocked LT's. It actually tracked in the woops, it did not buck so bad on the jumps, etc. When it landed from a jump, the shocks actually absorbed the landing and the LT did not bounce 3 times like it does with stock or Works shocks.

I am working with PEP on a set of shocks for the Kasea. Not sure if Wayne will go into full production at a retail level but I will have a few sets for our local boys.

Old 03-15-2002, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey Raptor 720...

what mods exactly did you have to do to get the Kasea rear shock to fit on that LT80?

I'm very interested in doing this to my sons LT80, for safety!!! that thing is bouncier than a pogo stick, even running like a 1/2 lb. of air pressure in the tires

Old 03-15-2002, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

Just made some easy brackets. I will be on vacation till 4/1. As soon as I return, I will send you a pix of the project.

Old 03-21-2002, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks, can't wait for the details...

also, where did you purchase the shocks from???

Old 07-30-2003, 12:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Shocks for lt80

I am also interested in the brackets required to fit the Kasea Shock on the rear.

Old 11-10-2003, 05:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Shocks for lt80

I am also looking for a way to mount a stock Kasea90 shock on the rear of a LT80.
I have already mounted the front kasea shocks with a-arm extenders on the LT80
and they do work very nice.
If anybody has pictures of the brackets needed could you please email them to me
or explain what I need to make.

Thanx, Rob

Old 11-25-2003, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default Shocks for lt80

robb22,
So where did you buy the Kasea shocks for LT80? Local dealer? How much if you don't mind me asking? Install go ok with fit and finish? I'm ready to buy Works, now I'm starting to rethink it.

Also I need more information on the LEM50 rear shock and the mounting bracket as well. This post is actuall really old so if anyone can help please do.
jarsong

Old 12-01-2003, 11:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Shocks for lt80

I took the shocks off my son's kasea90 (I replaced them with 12" Elkas and +3 arms).
The front kasea90 shocks are almost a direct bolt-in on the LT80.
(you might have to grind the steel bushing inserts slightly as they are a touch long).
With JamesLucky front-end extenders and the kasea front shocks, the front
suspension on the LT80 works great, is now preload adjustable. and has
improved travel. I would recommend this to anyone.

I am still trying to figure out how to mount the kasea90 rear shock
on the LT80 though. It is a little long and the bottom mounting
bracket is different.

Does anyone know if the mounting bracket can be ground off of a
shock and a new mounting bracket welded on without damaging
the shock ?

Old 12-01-2003, 11:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Shocks for lt80

any chance to still get a look at your easy to make mounting brackets ?

Quick Reply: Shocks for lt80