Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Shocks for lt80

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2002, 05:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would the Kasea shocks line up with the lt80 or not? I remember somebody talking about them but don't remember the verdict. And also, who else makes shocks to take out the bucking affect of factory shocks? I know works does but I've heard more bad than good. Does anybody have works on lt80 that work alot better than factory shocks? Thanks for the help!!

Old 03-14-2002, 09:46 AM
Trailblazer

Hello
On the kasea shocks fitting the lt80 I e-mailed hetrick racing they said yes the kasea shock do bolt up to the lt80 just the fronts not the rear. I'm also looking to up grade the shocks on my sons lt80. Works makes them for the lt 80 i see you have heard bad things. Let me know i was also looking into them.I did call a dealship the other day on a price for the kasea front shocks $90.00 for the front pair(showa shocks they use) Works $269.00 for the fronts. I also posted a topic like this however no one responed. If you find more info on this please post it.

Old 03-14-2002, 10:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'll keep looking. The only thing on Works was price and they still had a bounce to them, but they could have been set up wrong. I was hoping somebody that had Works on the lt80 could compare them to factory so I could get an idea (if it's worth it or not).Are the Kasea fronts adjustable in any way? Could you go with Kasea fronts and Works rear??

Old 03-14-2002, 11:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

2 inches of suspention only gets so good. Right? Wrong? I feel the works is the best bet overall,,but it's times like this I'm glad the AMA rules doesn't allow any suspention changes.(if racing you should consider your race rules on this) sorry I can't help much on this issue,but I can't see a big difference in going to the kasea shocks. Am I wrong in thinking that the suspention design makes the travel? Plz let me know if I'm wrong [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2002, 12:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I recently put Works on my sons LT80 and it made quite a difference in ride. The fronts got a very small amount more travel but more importantly, got a better ride. Puddle Jumping and small obsticles don't throw the rider around like the stockers do! The rear was the biggest gain in ride. No more travel, but no more pogo stick either! Just having a shock matched with the weight of the rider (50 lbs.) made a huge difference keeping the back wheels down. The biggest drawback is I can't ride the quad because I weigh 220 lb. and push the rear plastic down on the DG pipe creating quite a stink![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Two thumbs up for Works.

Old 03-14-2002, 01:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks,
That's what I wanted to hear before I start spending. Sounds like they would be worth it!

Old 03-14-2002, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer

Hello lt80
AMA doesn't allow shocks changes? Just thinking the other day which racing body to join CRA or AMA. I don't have a rule book but what mods can you do to still be legal in the AMA. I did take your advice on the mods i talked to you about man what a diff. Last yr. i heard that the AMA sr. mini quad class was a no points series. However this yr they are keeping points. The CRA you can do alot of mods the problem some do to many mods if you know what i mean just got that info from other people!

Old 03-15-2002, 02:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

I would have to say that the works shocks give my sons LT80 a plush ride. You can tell the difference right away. Like they say- Works really work! By the way, what other mods have you done or plan on doing to the LT80?

Old 03-15-2002, 09:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

IT3ICEMAN, thanks, I ordered a set yesterday. I also put 2 1/2' spacers on the front, +4 durablue axle, 1" offset rear wheels, turf tamers, nerfs, and Trinity pipe on the way. Also changing rollers in clutch. Planned on doing just suspension mods this year and give us and him a chance to get use to this racing stuff. Then next season get into the engine.

Old 03-15-2002, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

THe stock shocks on the LT80 are the bottom of the barrel!

The Works shocks are obviously better but not worth the money and not a good shock. The Kasea shocks, expecially the rear are, in my opinion, substantially better than Works and substantially cheaper.

If the rear is a fit problem, go get a rear from a 2 wheel LEM 50 and make it work. It is a Paiola

Quick Reply: Shocks for lt80