Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2 New models?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 02:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I here rumours that Suzuki will debut another 2 new models this fall with one being a big 4x4. Given the new alliance w/Kawi (BTW/Kawi has a version of the new 400Z Quadsport) I think we may get a Suzuki version of the Prairie 650 V-Twin!!! The only thinkg that makes me wonder about this is that A/C is rumoured to ge t a 650 this June so perhaps Suzuki will have their own @ 650? Would Kawi want boteh Suzuki and A/C to have access to their 650 V-T? Wouldn't that dilute sales? Perhaps the A/C would be diff enough (IRS) that it wouldn;t matter?

Also woulnd't it be great if the King Quad got a new liquid cooled engine w/ more Hp! C'mon Suzi. Make it happen.
How about a 4wd version of the new Ozark. Make it light duty so it doens't add too much weoght and I think they'd have a big seller! Honda sold millions of the 300 4wd.

Old 03-20-2002, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer

If you saw the pic of the green kawasaki that looked like the z400 on 4wheelatv.com, then it was a april fools joke. i heard that suzuki and kawasaki will only be joining forces on motorcycles only.

Old 03-20-2002, 07:16 PM
Trailblazer

hey i have heard of two new models in the future too!!! you guys are gonna be excited bout these!!! ok a 4x4 800 Everest, and a Quadduner 800. now rememeber those are rumors and i got the Everest thing from dirtwheels in i think the Febuaray issue when they intervied a cannondale rider and he wanted they to hurry up and have it come out already.

Old 03-20-2002, 07:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was waiting for that. Although it did tie into their plan of cost sharing.

Old 03-20-2002, 09:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

What a tease. I hope these Everest rumours are true!!! I was thinking of buying a Vinson, but now I'll wait untill fall for the BIG NEWS! Everest 800... kinda makes sense with the mtn theme. I always wondered why they named the others after basically unheard of Mountains (to the avg guy). They were saving the BIG Mtn for the BIG Quad.

I know this is just a rumour but with the new Suzi attitude, I think its very posible. Vinson: Best in class!, Eiger: best in class!, Ozark: best in class!..............Everest: Best in class they should change the theme from First on four wheels to Best on four wheels!

Old 03-20-2002, 11:32 PM
The Facility

No, it's true. Kawasaki IS using Suzuki quads in their line up for next year. This was confirmed by Kawasaki. If you go to Kawasaki's web-site. They have a press release that says that they will release a sport model and a youth model based off of their recent alliance with Suzuki. [LT400Z and QuadMaster50????]

It would make sense for Suzuki to bring out a 800cc 4WD machine to get their name out there, but if Yamaha's A1 project makes production, 800cc will seem miniscule in comparison.

Old 03-21-2002, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

Knowsalot,

Is Yamaha considering breaking the liter mark?

Old 03-21-2002, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

knowsalot,

couple of questions.
1. Do YOU think 800 and 1000CC's is getting too big? or is it all a torque thing?
2. Ford and Mazda sell the same trucks, escape and Ranger models, so i see how Suzuki and Kawi could sell the same quad Z400, but why would they? it would dilute sales as someone earlier said. Why not sell a Z 400 suzuki and a 650 Kawasaki sport quad?

Just curious what your thoughts are.

thanks
Graham

Old 03-21-2002, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

i think that selling the same quad with slightly different plastic... especially in the sport quad market, is a good thing. it lowers cost of production by increasing the number of 'XXX' part ... it's an economy of scale thing. second, the aftermarket will go nuts on it, commonality of parts between lines, one part fits both models... no need to design a new one for each... etc.
kawasaki needs to enter the sport quad market with something decent, all they have had to offer for a long time is the mojave(nothing against it, but it's not my choice on a track or the dunes)

Old 03-21-2002, 10:11 PM
The Facility

Well, my opinion is that the utility machine big bore wars have went too far already.

As far as my reference to the A1 project, A Yamaha designer was quoted at the watercraft show a few months back as saying that they have been testing the waters to see what they could do with yet another version of the R1 engine related to use in an ATV. When further questions were asked, he looked at another guy.........and then changed the subject....FAST!! They have already put variations of this engine in the WaveRunner line and Snowmobile line this year. What's to stop them from putting it in an ATV?? If anyone's not scared of upping the limits on displacements, it's definatly Yamaha. They have prooved that time and time again. I just simply think that a 1000cc, 4 cylinder engine is way too much.

As far as the merger of machine's is concerned. I think it's the dumbest thing that either of these two companies could do. It might work well with Suzuki only dealers and Kawasaki only dealer, but those dealers who carry both product lines are already pissed by the whole thing.

I will put it this way. When our Suzuki Rep. asked about our orders for the upcoming year, the "Big Boss Man" told him that we would probally buy
all the Suzuki models and then just strip the plastic off and hang it on the wall. THEN..we would also order the Kawasaki version's plastic and hang it up as well behind the machine. When a customer asks "What is that stripped down bike??" We are to reply "A Suzuki or a Kawasaki". "Call it what you want." Needless to say, the Rep. was then pissed. Oh well, why buy so many models of the same damn machine with a different name and color??

I don't think this is going to work in the long run for either company. BUT Kawasaki was the one who was bailed out here. So if one falls, we know who it will be.

Quick Reply: 2 New models?!