Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

230 quadsport idiling and starting probs

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 01:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just bought my quad this winter, and i've been having some serious problems getting it to start, most notably in the cold, but in warmer weather as well. Once shes warm it starts up fine, but if i dont figure out how to get it to start easier the first time, im gona be going through starters (and shoulders) like its my job [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. Even when i spray the carb with surestart while turnin it over it struggles to fire the first time. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, the darn thing simply wont idol. On a good day when ive been ridin for a few hours she'l idol for a few minutes at best....but for the most part if i let off the gas she stalls. I dont think its a problem with the clutch, as it was all recently replaced (semi automatic), but other then that i dont have a clue.

Also, if anyone's got a site or person who'd have a used rear axle housing and rotor (i snapped my caliper off and bent the hell out of the rotor) I'd appreciate that too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

thanks
mike

btw its an 86 quadsport semi automatic with an electric start and pull cord on the side