Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

z400's are late

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i called the suzuki main office a few minutes ago and asked about the z400's shipment date. i was told, not by someone who will say and do anyting to try to make a sale, by the customer rep that the z400's either haven't left japan yet or it JUST did leave to the states. the guy said that it'll get here early to mid MAY... that sucks. every dealer that i've talked to have told me that it'll be here next week or some have even said a "couple" of days. the dealership that i put a deposit on said that the warehouse has a few but they're waiting for more to so they can evenly distribute them. i guess that was a lie too. anyone else heard different? btw, since i'm in california would it make sense for me, or anyone else in the west, to get it before the people back east or the midwest? or are they going to send out the zuki's in the trucks and release them all on the same day? maybe i shoulda asked the guy that i talked to...damn.

Old 04-19-2002, 12:11 AM
Range Rover

You would think if they were going to be released thjat soon the magazines would have done a test or atleast know all about the z. I had a deposit on one too but couldn't wait this long to ride.

Old 04-19-2002, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

I've already got a loan approved,, if I have to wait until mid to end of may I will be on mad *****... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2002, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

I always wonder where dealers get their information because some don't have a clue what they are talking about. I know of two guys that put a deposit down back on a non-existant TRX450R because a dealer knew they were going to be announced in January. I've talked to my local dealer and he doesn't have any dates. Even though I would like something more definite than that, I would rather hear no date than hear a date that isn't going to be true. Some people in here were told they would have their Z400's back in late March. I wonder what their dealers are telling them now.

Old 04-19-2002, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

I feel sick...
I just signed the papers today, I would have waited on the 400, but got my gf a new 300ex too, so went ahead and loaned for both.. Did I mention I feel queasy??

Old 04-19-2002, 04:57 AM
Pro Rider

i'd say for those of us who put some money down demand some excellent deals [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2002, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider

You guys mustn't be aware of a similar situation when the Prairie 650 was released last year. They said March, then may, then june, then july. A lot of people got mad. There were some early released ones, but for the most part, they didn't get to dealers untill late summer. If I were you guys, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high because it may be a lot later than may before you see one.

Old 04-19-2002, 09:57 AM
Trailblazer

<< i'd say for those of us who put some money down demand some excellent deals [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

YA! Like free skid plates and shockwears shock covers!!!

It would be nice if we could get the $400 worth of free accessories!

Old 04-19-2002, 11:33 AM
Trailblazer

I know that this has little to do with the delivery dates to those whom reside in the USA but, yesterday I was introduced to a Canadian Suzuki rep at my local dealer. The fellow said that our shipment will land sometime in the first week of May, and when all is processed, should be in the dealersips 2 weeks later. He aso said that he had read a magazines test( sorry I am not remembering which one) that said that the LT-Z400 beats the Yammie 660. I have to phone the dealership again today I will talk to my buddy there and ask him if he remembers which magazine it was. If he does, then I will post later today. My dealer will be getting 3 (2 yellow, 1 black) and I have first choice. My it pays to buy all your bikes and accessories from a good reputable dealer. Good service, great prices, and priority selection.

Ride on.

Old 04-19-2002, 04:29 PM
Trailblazer

Everyone interested in the LT-Z400 should check out the press release from today at www.suzuki.ca

Quick Reply: z400's are late