Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

My predictions for the up coming 4 stroke sport quad shootouts

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2002, 10:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, its not bad at all. Actualy its damn good. But, the most money usualy sways the results of mags. Each quad has its good and bad points. Since the Z is new and has what appears to be the best of the EX and Raptor, this would be an obvious choice for the mags. JMO

Old 05-09-2002, 11:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Raptor-1st
z-400-2nd
dale-3rd
400ex-4th
'shee and Ds tied for 5th

The Dale will be the big loser in the shoot out. The mags will decide that it (dale) needs to be in a specialty catagory. The z-400 will not bump the raptor out of the top spot. The mags would rate the z-400 tops if it had a few more ponies. The raptor is going to be the new King for a long time. There is a LOT of activity in the aftermarket. The mods are resonable in quad dollars (still overpriced)

Old 05-09-2002, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

1. Raptor
2. Raptor
3. Raptor
4. Raptor
5. Raptor
Just messin![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1. Raptor
2. DS
3. Banshee
4. C-dale
5. Z 400
6. 400 ex
7. Warrior
8. Blaster
etc. etc.

I'm not excluding you zilla amd 250r guys, I'm just scaleing quads in production.

Old 05-10-2002, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer

Everyone forgot one thing,.... "Bang for the Buck". That would most definiately put the Z400 at that catergory. The Cannondales can not really be put into the same class as the rest. The only one they should be able to put in a shootout is the Cannibal. The rest of them are too pricey for this shootout. I'll put an extra $1500 into a Raptor or $2300 into a Z400, and they will take the Speed to school. I'm not dissing what Cannondale is trying to do, but we all know the aftermarket is a better value than the OEM.

Top Pick (Overall-Everything)
1. Z400
2. Raptor
3. Cannibal
4. DS650 (Baja Edition)
5. 400EX

Old 05-10-2002, 01:34 AM
Range Rover

Well the Dale should easily spank all the quads. But the mags would never admit to that.

Old 05-10-2002, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

Yep,Best Bang for the buck would go to the Z, but when you consider everything, I would have to go with the C-Dale Cannibal for the best bang! You get; Alum. Frame, EFI, Fastest stock motor, Customer Service, awesome handling and power, all for Usually less than $6999. But truthfully, every quad has something about it that makes it stand apart from the rest.

Old 05-10-2002, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

It'll be biased, no doubt about it. Like the last hi-po shoot-out where everybody was stock except for the White Bro.s EX. The Cannondale and Raptor will probably suffer in this test. Both of those machines really shine when ridden hard and they usually have only one test rider who races.

Old 05-10-2002, 03:09 AM
Range Rover

why does everyone think the z will spank the ex??? its not packing anymore displacement. so mayvbe it the fact that it is liquidcooled?? which shouldnt make that much difference. and the z will be the best in the woods??? i dont think so... the 400ex has always been and always will be. i dont like talking a lot of smack but a lot of people are throwing out oppions on a quad that they have never even seen. just because you neighbor says its great dont mean it is. i know a person who thinks his quadsport is the fastest thing to ever hit the dirt. but its not and as for top speed what will make it any faster than a 400ex???? silly me... must be the fact that it is liquid cooled and has the extra weight of liquid cooling and reverse. and best motor??/ probley the ds but everyone knows about hondas durability.

Old 05-10-2002, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider

<< why does everyone think the z will spank the ex??? its not packing anymore displacement. so mayvbe it the fact that it is liquidcooled?? which shouldnt make that much difference. and the z will be the best in the woods??? i dont think so... the 400ex has always been and always will be. i dont like talking a lot of smack but a lot of people are throwing out oppions on a quad that they have never even seen. just because you neighbor says its great dont mean it is. i know a person who thinks his quadsport is the fastest thing to ever hit the dirt. but its not and as for top speed what will make it any faster than a 400ex???? silly me... must be the fact that it is liquid cooled and has the extra weight of liquid cooling and reverse. and best motor??/ probley the ds but everyone knows about hondas durability. >>

Wow, took awhile this time to get a jacka$$ to post something like this...this is a first.

What it should be:
1 dale
2 z400
3 Raptor
4 400ex
5 DS
6 Shee

I'm sorry guys, the Dale is the best quad I've ridden. Hands down, bar none.....

What it will be:
1 z400
2 Raptor
3 400ex
4 Dale
5 DS
6 Shee

And The Z400 will be the &quot;Quad of the Year&quot;. The Rincon is going to be a flop, Zuk will win the title.

Old 05-10-2002, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

<< why does everyone think the z will spank the ex??? >>

Just take a look at the dirt bikes these motors came out of. The 400EX has a detuned vertion of an already very mellow trail bike motor. The XR400 makes nice, unintimidating power that doesn't scare away novice riders the way a CR250 would. Honda took that concept, toned it down even more, stuck it in a quad, and presto! a bike that anyone can ride. The DRZ, on the other hand, makes serious power, almost on a par with a YZ426 (well a lot closer than an XR400, anyway). It'll take a heck of a lot of tweaking to to make a detuned DRZ motor putt as feebly as an EX.

As to the DS having the best suspension, aren't tires &amp; wheels considered part of that package? With the slipperyer than a greased pig Kendas, and the &quot;I can't believe it's butter&quot; Red Labels, I don't think you can call a stock DS well suspended.

Quick Reply: My predictions for the up coming 4 stroke sport quad shootouts