Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z400 owners, the truth please

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 08:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LateApex,
thank you. Thats exactly what Im looking for! I may be in the market for a A400 and just want to know EARLY impressions. thanks!

Roostking...

Old 05-13-2002, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

Were the 400ex and 250R riders good riders? Not saying anything bad about man or machine, but rider skill and reaction time plays a HUGE part. Just yesterday in a MX race, I got first in the holeshot on my COMPLETELY stock Cannibal, and that was against highly modded R's, one Shee, a few 400ex's, and I even beat a Moto 440 in the holeshot. I'm not bragging and saying I"m an awesome rider (because I'm definitely not [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]) but I like to think that I have the starts down some what decently. I just need to get fast on the rest of the track [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2002, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

The 400 rider is good, the other guy I don't know, except he's been riding longer than I have. Still, there are a lot of variables in a short drag race, which is why I personally don't put much stock in them, nor have I ever been much interested in the sport, generally.

But, some people like to use them as a yardstick, so there you go...

Old 05-13-2002, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

okay here's the scoop. well, not really. i rode mine around just tryin' to break it in and it feels like it has alot of power (i never went full throttle on it). rode it around, did some jumps and whoops and i had my buddy try it with a slighly modified 400ex. he said (we also need to remember that this guy was getttin' on my a$$ for buying a first year quad) that it felt like it had alot more power than his 400ex and that it handles just as good but with a plusher feel to it. i guess he meant it was more comfortable. as far as it going up against a raptor i just don't know yet, my other buddy has a raptor but we didn't race cuz were both trying to break both quads in.

now i know your gonna hate this but here's second hand information. you may take this with a grain of salt as i did. i was talking to an employee at a dealership near my house and he told me that he saw a z going up against a 250r. he said both both riders looked skilled but the z was winning until he threw his chain. at the end, they found out that the guy with the z just got it off of the dealer showroom and went straight to the track and started racing. we both agreed that that wasn't very smart of him cuz parts need to break in and expand. i hope that's the reason why he threw is chain and not a sign of a problem [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

anyway, my z felt really good and i think i have another full day of riding before i do the break in service and then we'll see how well she does. but from what i'm hearing from other people and after riding it, i have no doubt in my mind that it's going to be a great quad.

now if the damn aftermarket companies just start making parts for my z, i'll be a happy man. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2002, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

My girlfriend and I both got one last week. We love ours and know they'll take a lot of modified ex's. I don't think it'll take a raptor, but hello, it's a 400, and it's not an efi like the cannabil or speed, but this bike rocks. We totally love ours. That's my .02
peace

Old 05-14-2002, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

i think for the price of the Z, cant go wrong....maybe with the grand u save from buying a raptor, you can spend that in mods.

Old 05-14-2002, 12:49 PM
Trailblazer

Vooduuchild,

Where did you get yours?

Old 05-14-2002, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

I got mine from Aurora Suzuki from Randy. He's a hella good guy with awesome customer service. I HIGHLY recommend his shop. If you buy from him, tell him Josh and Kim say what's up!

Old 05-14-2002, 01:59 PM
Range Rover

Power is important, but come on guys....its not the ONLY important thing. Like others said....its close to the 400ex, maybe a little faster...as long as its that quick who cares....close enough...lets start thinking about other aspects of the bike.

When it comes to the GNCC's, power is one of the least important things. Handleing and reliability are the most important. This is what im concerned with. And when it comes down to it, the bike that "never breaks" is always the favored machine...by me at least.

--John

Old 05-14-2002, 02:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The reason I said EARLY impressions was due to the fact that there has not been enough time to know about reliability. I just wanted early results of basically drag races. Of course rider input makes a difference. I simply wanted Z400 vs. Anything to see where its at power wise. my deciscion wil be based on far more criteria than drag racing. Well seee though. I want to see pricing first. SOmeone said they have seen it at 6399 OTD.

RoostKing...

Quick Reply: Z400 owners, the truth please