Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Picked Up My Z400 Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 10:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I finally picked up my Z400. This quad is awsome. Although I only rode it around the yard a bit, it seems to have a lot of power. The handling is great. It does not seem tippy at all. I let my bro and 3 friends take a short ride around the yard on it and the consensus was that the same as my initial impressions. We will have to see how it is on the trails this weekend. I will give a full review on Sunday night or Monday.

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting. Let me just say that this machine was well worth the wait!!!!

Old 05-17-2002, 12:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obud, i got mine wednesay and put a couple of hours on it. i felt the same way. it is not tippy is real smooth and seems to have plenty of power. I then got on my cusins 400ex, he has a 440 kit with the more agressive cam and high comp piston. It also has a k&n filter and jet kit with pro circut pipe and silencer. He also put 2.5" spacers on the rear and 1.5" on the front. Anyway that did not seem to have anymore power then my Z and it vibrated alot more. We did not do any top speed runs yet, but we were on a track with some nice sized jumps and his ex felt harsh compared to my Z. The Z front shocks felt to soft though. I weigh 170lbs. and I now have the shocks cranked to the highest setting. Also a note about his spacers: he was complaining a little about getting crossed up in the air but i did not seem to have a problem. The jumps were not rutted to much but maybe he was just catching one wrong. Also just so everyone knows we consider ourselves to be pretty good riders and at = skill levels. He is probably 20lbs. heavier then me and i just came off a beat up '92 quadracer. For the people that are intrested i paid $5661 OTD and I want to get a top speed run against his 440ex but i am waiting till i get some more hrs. on it b4 we line them up.