Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

the z is the one for me!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 01:11 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

k here is the thing the z rules haha! i am going to get the z but need some info! like how is the low end problem? (better or worse than the 400ex?) how is the axle problem? (just some/one or all?) how is the suspenstion feel? i heard it will hang with the raptor up till 3 or 4 gear is this so? (that is all i need on trackes! who ever gets up to top speed on a track enyways?) and finally how much better would this be than my sweat lakota??

thanxs!

Old 05-30-2002, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

..... Umm..

Just get one.

Bottom end problem? I wouldn't call it a problem. And I would tell you how it fares in a drag race- but I've got some quadless bashers who would just flame this post- so - you'll find that one out yourself. Quality is fine- you can't believe everything you hear.

Old 05-30-2002, 01:29 AM
Range Rover

haha i know i have just sat back and read all the post and i know what you mean and for all it is worth my 2 cents is that the raptor boys can shove it! i don't care about drag racing! mx and woods and just playing around! but hey i would like to know how much better it is than my lakota just as a comparison?

thanxs!

Old 05-30-2002, 01:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

I own both a Raptor and a Z400 and I have also owned the 400EX and 250R. The 400EX is A good quad for beginners, I got very bored with it and I also had Honda replace the engine in it under warranty it lost the top end, my Raptor is number 1401 I have had no problems with it at all I love my Raptor and would not trade it for anything.....Until I bought this damn Z400, I personally hate Suzuki but I bought it for my wife. I don't even want to ride my Raptor anymore I might even sell it and buy another Z400 this thing is the best quad I have ever ridden.

Old 05-30-2002, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider

I've only rode a lakota sport once, briefly, at a dealer.. Was looking for a quad for the gf.. I just don't like the auto-clutch- takes alot of the sportiness away. NO COMPARISON- you won't notice any low-end missing compared to a lakota. Her 300ex we got feels real strong compared to the lakota, and when comparing the Z with the 300ex, the ex feels like a lakota.. Get it?

Old 05-30-2002, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider

You got tired of a 400ex? c'mon, who are you fooling??

Old 05-30-2002, 02:08 AM
Range Rover

i love the Z, dont worry about the low end. soon there will be a pipe that will get you some good low end. i believe trinity is working on one right now. the suspension rulz, who cares if the axle bends, just a excuse to buy a new +4 for +2 axle which is better than any stock one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. also i plan on changing to a 14th sprocket which cure the low end situation.

or just dont worry about it and ride it up in the revs, thats where is love to be and excels at it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2002, 02:16 AM
Range Rover

i love the Z, dont worry about the low end. soon there will be a pipe that will get you some good low end. i believe trinity is working on one right now. the suspension rulz, who cares if the axle bends, just a excuse to buy a new +4 for +2 axle which is better than any stock one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. also i plan on changing to a 14th sprocket which cure the low end situation.

or just dont worry about it and ride it up in the revs, thats where is love to be and excels at it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2002, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider

Ive never owned anything but a 2stroke until now, I seriously couldnt be more pleased, The 400 ex and the Raptor wieghed heavily in my decsion but the lack of reverse ruled the ex out and after taking the test ride on the Z I couldnt see spending the extra grad for the Raptor. I really liked them both but for me the Z is much more woods friendly. Like I said though my experience with 4 stokes is limited but the low end feels great compared to what im used too either way if you dont like it you can always sell it and try again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2002, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider

660RJ, that was a cool post! Glad you love your Z as much as I love mine.
Bluekawi, your Lakota is a totally different machine and you will notice everything is different/better on the Z400.
In any gear with the snap of the throttle it will roost even in a big bog, and even 5th, with ease.