Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

New rider help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to help me out- My gf has been riding with us lately, and does real good- until it comes to little hills and stuff.. I can't get her to try any hills, even the little ones, to get her praticed up.. Anything I should/ can do?

The deal is, she took a little spill a few weeks ago, she went up a LITTLE hill, and got in some ruts, she panicked, and gassed it, landing on her a$$.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] She is scared to death of hills now, and won't try any of them.

I've tried showing her that certains hills are safe, by not leaning, or even going up some in reverse [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].. She doesn't want any part of it.

Were all going riding again tommorrow, and I wanted to take the group though some new trails- but theres gonna be some "decent" hills involved, and I just don't think shes gonna be up for it.. Anybody got any ideas??

Old 05-31-2002, 01:33 AM
Trailblazer

if she's hot and over 18 bring her by and ill teach her how we men climb hills.lmao just playin but the best way to do it is ride up with her . tell her that if she does fall your there to catch her. Or start by gettin little wheelies to get her use to the fellin of having the front up . then hit some small hills and let her drive but keep your hands on the bars . but if she tells your to stop do it cuz she need to buld trust in you.
and dont hit rutted hills at frist .and keep telling her how good she is doing

Old 05-31-2002, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

Ya, thats where I messed up- she dumped it on the rutted (little baby hill!!!) and was pretty p.o'd at me. She wheelied the first time she hit the ruts, and I didn't notice her riding in the ruts was what caused it- so I talked her into trying again and she dumped it... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] She was REAL MAD at me then.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2002, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

HA HA shes going to leave you!!

Old 05-31-2002, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

Take baby steps!
Eventualy she'll ride hills again, If you try to force her you'll be riding alone, & thats not the only thing you'll be doing alone!! LMAO!!