Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

QUADRACER LT 500 2 STROKE????

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 03:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A stock Zilla is ok fast but once you start talking about modded quads the Shee is the da King of the hill "drag strip" by a mile no contest.

Old 06-01-2002, 05:01 AM
Pro Rider

Im sorry, I didnt mean to offend you.
If the person was going through a piston every 8 hours, something in the carb
was NOT right!! (or elsewhere?)

About the Shee being king of the hill....
Not true, either way.
Between the Zilla and the Shee, whoever kicks out the most money wins.
You could build an unimaginably fast 600CC Zilla on nitrous if you chose to do so,
or you could build a long rod 570 Shee that might be just as god awfull fast.
Like I said. You can make it as fast as you can afford too.

Stock for stock though, it is a no brainer. The Zilla has 150CC of 2 stroke advantage.
To me, the Zilla and the Shee -BOTH- RULE THE DUNES.

Old 06-01-2002, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Amen Mr350X

Old 06-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

all you need is a lil $ and somone that knows the lt500 and they will fix all the problems that are always around the lt500

they are the fastest things ever built

Old 06-01-2002, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I'm not gonna argue about the top speed thing because those posts always seem to burn hotter and hotter.

The Zilla is the fastest quad you could buy (stock) but if you're not a very "mechanically inclined" as in doing a lot of maintanance, the Zilla is not for you... hell, all 2-strokes and one 4-stroke (Dale) might be a little tough on you and your wallet.

The fact is, if you have the money, you can make anything haul ***, but when it comes right down to it, w/o doing a lot of custom work, you can put more money into a Shee (and Im not only talkin perf. mods). There are more "go fast" goodies, and look good parts for the Shee than anything else out there.

Old 06-02-2002, 03:38 AM
Pro Rider

<< There are more &quot;go fast&quot; goodies, and look good parts for
the Shee than anything else out there.
>>

Er uh I thought the honda 250R had the most aftermarket and cosmetic(sp?) parts for it? I mean ESR and I think one other company specializes in just 250R stuff.

Old 06-02-2002, 08:21 PM
Trailblazer

LOL, I could tell you 10+ companies that specialize in only banshees, there are far more than 250r dedicated companies.

<< To me, the Zilla and the Shee -BOTH- RULE THE DUNES >>

I think we should settle on that. Besides, there just arent enough zillas around to really compare whos king of the hill.

Old 06-02-2002, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Banshees are junk, thats my opinion so i have a right to say it , if you dont like it shove it. Zillas were the rulers of their time and still stand to be the fastest 2 stroke ever manufactured. And Anyone who knows ANYTHING about 2 strokes know that they are high maintenance if you ride them at all, but obviously some people like to pretend they know what they are talking about when really they are only talking $hit. Dont pretend you know everything, no one does, you learn from experience. Buddy if you want a zilla and you're into speed, go for it, it will definatly please you. But if you're a tiny guy...i wouldnt reccomend it. You better have arms of steel to hold onto that baby.

Old 06-03-2002, 12:43 AM
rc3
Pro Rider

I am also thinking about an lt 500, is there any way to tell if the main bearing problem has been fixed just by looking at the motor. If anyone could help me out this would be greatly appreciated! Also what is your opinion of it in the trails!

Old 06-03-2002, 04:46 AM
Pro Rider

albundy, I appreciate what you say about the Zilla, but those were some rude remarks
about the Shee. Though I have never owned one, they have such a following that im sure they are a great machine.

RC3: The Zilla has a VERY wide DS650 like stance, (wide factory A-arms)
and good stock shocks. It is a great race machine with its great long travel suspention, and very stable at any speed; BUT it is a bit wide for very tight trails.
My stock width LT500 is 6 (!!) inches wider than my stock width 440EX. (sold)
It also has an inch more suspention travel.
hope I helped.

-Matt

Quick Reply: QUADRACER LT 500 2 STROKE????