Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Man, do I love my Z!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No matter what I'm doing, wheter it's boonie boppin down the trail, hitting the sand, playin in the water, mx'n it, whatever, I just love this quad. It's just sweet. My girl couldn't be happier either. If you're thinking about getting one, you will not be disappointed. I've beat the crap outta mine and nothin's broke or bent. All you other Z owners out there, speak up, it's time to speak your minds. Like it, love it, hate it, pros, cons, let's give them what they need to know. Oh wait, yeah, there was one problem with mine, the little spring actuator for the rear brake light. And there's one more problem, I just can't ride it enough!!! I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it. I cannot wait to put some mods on it too. Talk about power baby yeah!!!

Old 06-07-2002, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

Well I love my Z, its got wicked power. The only thing is that I only have 1 or 2 places to ride where I live. I have one problem with mine, something is bent in the rear, not sure what but I'm working on it.

This thing climbs hills like nothing else, I can easily keep up to a 250r trike on the hills and trails. I hope Suzuki does make a big bore version of this quad next year, that would be sweet !!!

Old 06-07-2002, 01:16 AM
Trailblazer

Amen! Last Sunday was my first extended outing on trails (Thurston County ORV Park). The thing climbs with a vengeance, and when the torque rolls in, in 3d gear, it gets scary in a hurry. The smooth engine... the sound... fantastic.

Vooduu, we're scheduled for a trip to Oregon Dunes the 24-29 of this month. Planning to get to Moses Lake Dunes later this summer -- we should keep in touch.

Old 06-07-2002, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

i also absolutely love mine. it's got great power and excellent handling. no problems except for the break light spring coming loose (no biggie. just adjust it). oh one other big problem. i live in freakin' socal and it's gettin' to be too hot to ride. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, anyone from socali know a good night riding place?

Old 06-07-2002, 03:39 AM
Pro Rider

So far I'm still tring to hang on over the jumps and the added power! When I jump my scrambler it goes good, but this one stays in the air! I'm like hello, we gonna land so I can have lunch? It almost ripped my arms outta the sockets the first few times on top end. I was not prepared for the high end power.
I also had my brake light spring go dangling, so I just slid it over and attached it to the return spring **** thing.
So far nothing bent. I even ran over a 5 foot snake in the middle of the trail and it just kept on going. (Snake was ok too)
Mileage seems great for this much power. I ride twice before filling up.
Brake lights, fan, liquid cooling, reverse, detachable aluminum subframe, radial tires, padded seat with some girth to it, smooth ride, no vibration, cool looking stock muffler (man the scramblers was hideous), responds to mods, a CLEAN looking motor, smooth as heck to shift, $5600, 11.3:1 and 87 octane, on and on.
I guess I got a deal.

Old 06-07-2002, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

I don't run 87 octane in my Z, I run premium and that is around 90-91 octane. With the higher compression you can get early engine detination or pinging with lower octane fuel. For the added cost of premium over regular I get peace of mind.

Old 06-07-2002, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

I run 92 octain, nuthin but the goods.

Old 06-07-2002, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Well, me too. But it says you can right on the side.
Try that in a banshee.

Old 06-07-2002, 11:30 AM
Range Rover

I wouldn't try it for too long. Besides mine loves the good stuff 94 and I have even run race fuel 112 in it Whoopaa. Before you worry only 1 gallon of race fuel when tank was almost empty. I wanted to see if it improved and why yes it does.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2002, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe I'll put in some octane booster and see how she runs then. Might be even more power !!

Quick Reply: Man, do I love my Z!!!!