Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z400 vs '01 Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

Thought I would open my mouth yet again..

Went riding this weekend and got to race my buddy's banshee again, this time on a hardpacked dirt/gravel lane.

This time we raced farther- not sure how far, but I was getting into 5th gear.

The first time I got a decent lead out of the hole and stayed ahead thru the end-

The second time, He got a 1/2 bike lead and I couldn't gain any ground, and by the time he hit 5th he started to pull away..

SOO, now that we've raced a LONG one- I see why there were alot of disbelievers out there.
---
Now that we raced pretty much to top end, I can say for sure that a banshee is faster than a LTZ400, but it takes a LONG strait to show it.. HAPPY?!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2002, 04:01 AM
Pro Rider

OHH GOSH, thank you. REALLY.

That is just a huge load off my back.

Binford, thank you for clearing that up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2002, 09:59 AM
Elite Pro Rider

(pulling hip waders on....wading in) Thanks.....I think.

Old 06-17-2002, 10:23 AM
Trailblazer

Well, I have a different race for you. There was 3 400exs, 1 banshee and me on my ltz400. I just have 22" tires on it so my top speed must be better. Well we linked two trails this weekend but we had to ride a long dirt road and then hit the pavemant for about a mile. We are way out in the country so we didn't see a car on either road. We let it eat on the gravel road and the banshee was just barely catching me at the end of the road. Then when we got to the pavement I started in the back of the pack b/c I was going to take it easy on the road but.... Everybody else started to kick it so I joined in. The one piped 400ex pulled the banshee at first and the shee could just barely pull by him, it was a slow pass. Well as soon as the shee pulls over in front of the 400ex he looks over his shoulder to wave bye to the ex and I quickly pass him on the otherside. I pinned it hard and I easily pulled 10 lenghts ahead of them all. I had a very strong top end and I knew the pavement was about to turn into a gravel road so I threw up my hand and and gave a little wave bye as the cloud of dust covered the road. It was much faster on the pavement than the banshee. That was a one time race and we will try and not do it again. I hate riding on the side of the road let alone racing down the middle of it. I guess the ltz just spins so hard off road that it gives the shee a better chance. On the road the ltz hooks up hard. I think it is getting faster as it breaks in for sure.

Old 06-17-2002, 10:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider

(PULLING ON SNORKELING SUIT.....SWIMMING IN) Burrrrraaaaahahaha!

Old 06-17-2002, 10:48 AM
Range Rover

I did notice the Z really spins in the dirt, I actually felt it hook up much better with my girl on the back [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It bites in real nice with that extra 100lbs over the axle...WOW [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

LOBE
~~~~

Old 06-17-2002, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

I'm glad to hear that the Z400 is doing so well against the other machines. Unfortunately, this weekend at the dunes I didn't have the chance to see any in action; maybe next time? I'll be certain to post my findings when I do encounter one.

BTW, just so you all know, a stock Banshee or Raptor will do mid 70's and piped and geared appropriately will get into the low to mid 80's for top speed on pavement.

Trending Topics

Old 06-17-2002, 01:38 PM
Range Rover

RAptors go around mid 80's stock and banshees go around low 80's stock anyone know max speed of a broken in z400

Old 06-17-2002, 01:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

manhandles....please explain how you came up with those numbers.

Old 06-17-2002, 02:05 PM
Trailblazer

<< RAptors go around mid 80's stock and banshees go around low 80's stock anyone know max speed of a broken in z400 >>

i dunno bout a raptor but ever banshee ive seen race a car was around 70-78 , then theirs this banshee i seen at rankin road, (place where abuncha teens go race) had street tires/rims was really low, NO suspension, wheelie bar, big tires in back, that thing HAULED ***, spanked a few mustangs, and camaros, in a 1/8th anyway....it had to go around 95-105, maybe that sounds rediculous?, i wanna see one of them dune dragsters on a street with some slicks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] they could prolly beat this banshee...

Quick Reply: Z400 vs '01 Banshee