Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I Knew It Would Happen

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you sure your rotor's not the one that's bent? hmmm, mine also does that, maybe i should look into it more. i'll repost on what my findings are.

Old 06-17-2002, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

GTV if i lived by you i would woop ur ****** *** right the F**k now. On the track and off...Havn't u noticed in all owners manual's it says jumping is not safe?? That whats the dealer is going to tell u, but GTthunder said that zuki might replace the axles if their is enough complaints. I think Suzuki will step-up if their is alot of problems. Their already backing up a small team or thats what they said on motoworld.

Later

Old 06-17-2002, 08:28 PM
GTV
Range Rover

Well "Zero" lucky for one of us you don't!!!

Threats don't bother me, 6k broke Z will.

ps. You ain't gona get cherry.

Later Friend.

Old 06-17-2002, 08:30 PM
Trailblazer

<< GTV if i lived by you i would woop ur ****** *** right the F**k now.

Later
>>

whats that gonna proove, come on, calm down man. (btw i agree with your other points)

Old 06-17-2002, 08:47 PM
WP
Pro Rider

I was on my second ride when I bent my axle. I was running the Durablue wheel spacers which probably didn't help the in the matter. Mine is bent on both sides and you should have seen it on the dyno at Trinity Racing. I would like to see a cowboy go for 8 seconds on this axle. I asked my dealer about warranty and they said no but they are checking with their rep to see if Suzuki will help.

Old 06-17-2002, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

My back brake sqweeks too !! I never thought the axle would be the cause of this but it makes total sense now. The only weak part of the quad, other than that, its awesome. I would really love to see an insiders look on how manufacturers test their ATVs. Do they take their 4x4 models in watery mud upto the seat? I doubt it. Do they jump their sport model on doubles and tabletops? I doubt it. What the hell do they think they are doing? Each company is a BILLION dollar company, they should get off their ***** and test these things proper. God damn it !!

Old 06-17-2002, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer

Mine squeaks also!

Old 06-17-2002, 10:24 PM
Range Rover

I don't know about you I have had no problem with my axle at all. I am 220 lbs which means I am fat. I have hit some decent jumps and nothing. The skid plate was crap, but it was plastic. The new plate is already on order. As far as the axle I spoke to my dealer he said any problem just bring it to him and he will get it taken care of. that is why it is important not to just get the quad, but to get it fromn a dealer who will stand behind their products.. Can I get an AMEN!! Just my thoughts

Old 06-17-2002, 11:02 PM
GTV
Range Rover

...AMEN...

If the factory will replace the bad ones untill they get the problem fixed it would be cool. I would be amazed if they do.

I shouldn't complane cause I don't have a Z yet, seems dumb for me to go buy something when you know it is goin to happen.

It would be nice if you could have a choice from the dealer, get the axle replaced or get $150 to go on a replacement of your choice.

Later

Old 06-18-2002, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

My axle is not bent afterall, and I did talk to two other owners tonight while riding. The first guy is on day one of his, so he hasn't even found anything out yet except how to flip it over backwards on the hills. No harm done. The other guys back brake has squeaked from day one like mine. We both tested our axles and neither is bent. I also went top end down the paved entrance a few times. It was smooth and had no wobble. I think the brake needs looking into though. He rides at Pismo usually, no bedning after having his for 7 weeks. He said he raced his friends Raptor dozens of times. It's about a quad length difference between the two on the dunes with paddles. Both are stock.

PS, I jumped the crap outta mine tonight. No bending. The squeak goes away after I jump and stays quiet until I use the brakes a few times.

Quick Reply: I Knew It Would Happen