Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Eiger 4x4 vs. Rancher S

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering which of these 2 ATV's would be better for the following: Mudding, trail riding, low end power, light work, and speed(but it doesnt really make a difference to me which is faster). After losing my Wolverine and my Big Bear in a car accident, I am positive I am getting another wolverine, but i am not too sure about the other ATV im getting. Any comments will be greatly appreciated!!

Old 06-17-2002, 06:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have had an Eiger since Jan. and have had excellent results. there was a shootout on these quads in a recent atv magazine and the Eiger won over the honda by only a small margin. Both were well ahead of the other brands in all areas. I think you've picked good choices. Mine is a 4x4 automatic green color with 400 miles on it. It was cold blooded for the first 2 tanks of gas.
The shifter was tight also. It shifts smooth now and requires less warm up time. I used the throttle stop to limit power per the manual for the first 50 miles. I recently pulled a 4 disc ground breaker to turn over 13 food plots for a summer blend planting and kept the gear selector in low range. the electric cooling fan would come on at regular intervals to cool the oil as it should with a load at low air flow speeds. Great braking system and smooth ride. We have a variety of quads at our deer lease and everyone that has rode mine wishes they had one. The four wheel drive is simple to engage and very reliable. I climb steep banks in the woods and cross creek bottoms. Haven't done deep water crossings, but have had it in water to the top of tires. no belt slippage and when i pulled drain on belt case, no water infiltration. Happy hunting.

Old 06-17-2002, 06:41 PM
Trailblazer

Big 4,

I've had my Eiger almost 2 months (200 mi.) and no problems. Feels alot lighter than it is for sporty 2wd riding. I very rarely use 4wd, but it is smooth when I do. It tops out at 56 mph on hard pack. I have not ridden the Honda which I'm sure is a good machine, but I don't like full-time 4wd machines. They're not near as fun to ride in the trails. Go to a dealer where you can ride both and then you will know for sure. Good luck...

Old 06-17-2002, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in complete agreement with the above comments. Overall, both are excellent rides. Let's face it - the Eiger was designed to compete with the Rancher. It was also designed AFTER the Rancher had been out a while. So you have the Rancher, which is a great bike and then add the Eiger, which is also a great bike - that has almost 50cc's more engine, Hi/Lo range, selectable 2wd/4wd and dics brakes in front. The Eiger also enjoys a slight edge in ground clearance, fuel capacity and front/rear suspension travel. The Rancher is significantly lighter, turns a bit tighter, has a lower cg and has a digital dash.

What you'll find from all this is that for work they will be near equals. On the trails the Eiger will have a sporty edge.

An obvious edge for the Suzuki unless you are a loyal Honda fan.

Jaybee

Old 06-17-2002, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for all of your replies!! Also, How much did you pay for your eiger?

Old 06-17-2002, 08:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Low 5's out the door. Extended warranty is 496.00 haven't done it yet, have 6
months to add it if I desire.

Old 06-17-2002, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$4,890 + tax/title $5,250 total OTD.

Jaybee

Old 06-17-2002, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer

Hi jaybeecon 55. I gave $5300. I got over 1200 miles on mine now and no problems at all.

Old 06-18-2002, 12:24 AM
Trailblazer

I gave $5300 for mine after tax, stamps, etc. I also added the warranty and it came to just over $5800. financed it for 5 yrs @ 6.9 w/ nothing down. Not to bad for a recreational vehicle.

Old 06-18-2002, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

I can get mine for $3999 plus tax and registration. So now Im gonna definately get the Eiger.................now i just need to decide which color[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thanks for all your help

Quick Reply: Eiger 4x4 vs. Rancher S