Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Nerfs for the Z400?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 04:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a guy this weekend at Wayne National Forest riding a Z with nerf bars on it. I haven't been able to find a company that has them for sale yet, am I missing something?

Balzak

Old 06-24-2002, 05:02 PM
GTV
Range Rover

I guess getting a set that allows you to keep the rear splash guards is out of the question then?

Old 06-24-2002, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

The Suzuki site shows them as an accessory, so you must be able to get them from suzuki.

Old 06-24-2002, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

I had to have my nerfs made by a machinist but, that was a month ago. They are made of chromoly tubing, the netting was made by a local sports bag manufacturer. I could not wait until they were available from a manufacturer. Total was $300.00 Canadian.

Old 06-24-2002, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer

Balzak, that was me. At least I think I was the only one there Saturday... Just puttin around breaking me and the bike in.

I picked up my Nerfs and full skid plates in Hilliard Honda/suzuki. They had a set left I believe. They didnt have the skid plate for the
swing arm yet. Still looking for that item. Great place to ride. We will have to get together sometime.

Resq

Old 06-24-2002, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer

GTV, the rear plates stay in place. The tubes are bent around them. You will have to do some drilling for the nerfs. Two holes in each foot peg. No big deal, just have a fresh bit. Cut outs are included to drill the holes in the correct place.

Old 06-25-2002, 12:10 AM
WP
Pro Rider

Bug Pro Armor to bump up the production date on their nerfs. They will have a nerf bar/heel plate setup that is one piece. I have seen the prototypes on the 400EX and they are badass.

Trending Topics

Old 06-25-2002, 06:59 AM
GTV
Range Rover

Resq, thanks, which brand nerfs, or do they all allow you to keep the guards?

Thanks

Old 06-25-2002, 07:56 AM
Range Rover

Resq, that is funny, I was actually yelling at you as you went by because I really wanted to know where you got those at but I don't think you heard me. My friends that I was with were laughing at me for making such a racket. I will have to give Honda Northwest a call and see if they still have those nerfs. I ride down there every weekend, that was the only time this year that I haven't been riding the Z I was riding my Warrior (the warrior gets mad if you don't take her out from time to time). Pro Armor called me yesterday and said that they have the rear skids for the Z and that they have them ready to ship. Just a little FYI. We will have to get together, I am making it a point to try to talk to all of the folks down there with the Z's, sooner or later I will find out who some of you guys are.

Balzak
2003 Suzuki Z400 Stock except for a PRM front bumper
2000 Scrambler 400 2x4 more mods than chevettes sold in 1986
1998 Yamaha Warrior some nice mods but just not a Z

Old 06-25-2002, 12:49 PM
Trailblazer

GTV, they are the suzuki nerfs you see on the site. You keep the plastic guards on, but suzuki has a nice set of aluminum replacement guards as well. http://www.suzukicycles.com/sr_03/at...essories.shtml

Balzak I must have stopped 100 times for others to look at the bike. Didnt bother me at all. Sorry I didnt hear you. Usually park at New Straightsville lot or the "pop shack" lot near snake hollow. If you have a spot in your next ride open let me know, be glad to join. I stopped once to take a break, clogged the whole trail with people wanting to get a look. The more I ride the Z, better I like It. I ride with another forum (atv time) but atv connection seems to have more folks with the 400 bikes. Makin it a point to check out what others have found, and mods they are doing to improve the bike. Still looking at changing the front sproket. Not sure yet. One thread spoke of PRM having the shock skid built into the actual swingarm skid. Iam off on vac all this week, will give both sites a call.

Quick Reply: Nerfs for the Z400?????