Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

OT: Zookyrider

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002 | 10:04 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Dads400 thanks for the heads up on the VIN numbers.

I hope the showers come soon ! This looks like a fun new place to ride.

Old 07-29-2002 | 11:49 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Update on the Chadwick trip [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

We just got home from Chadwick a few hours ago......what a blast !!!!
I had a great time, and I even tackled some of the difficult trails. The Raptor took quite a ride though......we had to make a trip to town Saturday for a new set of handlebars, and a few other parts to keep it going for the weekend. Off to bed now.....I am reallllly worn out !

If anyone is reading this that hasn't been to Chadwick, I recommend that you go check it out at least once......if you are up to some really tough, challenging riding.

RaceChick

Old 08-01-2002 | 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

Glad you guys enjoyed it. I find new trails to explore everytime I go down and I just live about 10 to 12 miles from there. There is also another area on down the road called Gladetop that is fun to ride. Hope no one was hurt when the Raptor tumbled. Some of those rocks have a mind of their own.

Old 08-01-2002 | 05:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Were is Chadwick MO? I always ride at LS (I luv the sand) but am willing to try something else. How about a DS650, prairie400,400ex and a 350x(three wheeler). how would they fair at Chadwick?

And what else is their to do their? Fishing,swimming????UNO for people who don't like to ride.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 08-02-2002 | 01:18 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Chadwick MO is 1/2 way between Branson & Springfield MO. I don't know anything about the 4-wheelers you have......but I would say the 3-wheeler would not be something you would want to ride there. It is a very technical place to ride. The Raptor that went with us is widened 4 in. (for duning at LS) and was just almost too wide for most of the trails -- the wheels got dinged up pretty bad squeezing it thru the tight stuff.

I don't think there is any fishing really close by -- Zookyrider could tell you better than I.
There is a creek that you can ride to though...if you follow it back on foot a little ways there is a deep area that people swim in. There are picnic tables there for Uno playing. Branson is close enough you could go there for shopping, etc. Be forewarned.......camping is pretty primitive there.....they are doing improvements, but as of right now there are vault toilets(enclosed in a decent building ~ no running water in the there though), no showers, no water at the individual campsites ~ there are water fountains w/ water hydrants near them.....and not all the sites have electricity. I rode some of the "black diamond" trails which are the toughest, and they were tough. I had a lot of fun though. If you have any more questions I will do my best to answer them.

RaceChick

Old 08-02-2002 | 01:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks alot racechick. It doesn't look like the DS will do well their, But I will keep it in the back of my mind for next year. Maybe by then the camping will be more hospitable. Thanks again.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 08-02-2002 | 01:55 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Zooky....
Thanks again for answering my questions. I would like to check out Gladetop. Some friends of ours are hosting a Hare Scramble in Dec. near Aurora, MO, so maybe we can check it out then......

Oh, and the guy on the Raptor is fine.....he bailed off. It actually wasn't the rocks that got him, it was a deep rut from mx bikes. The bike flipped 6-8 times & tore up a lot of stuff....the people @ Surdykes were really helpfull though. New bars, new throttle, new braking system & some zip ties, and we were off on the trails again !

Old 08-02-2002 | 02:29 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

The camping wasn't that bad...many of the campgrounds here in Ok are worse.... The grounds were clean, & the bathrooms were clean & didn't smell.
As for the no showers ~ we bought a 5 gal. camp shower which worked out pretty well.

The people there were very friendly, and the scenery is very pretty. There is a cave there called Rattlesnake cave along one of the trails..it was neat, especially on the hot days because the air blowing out of the cave was in the 60's....it felt like you were standing next to an Air Conditioner. One thing I would definately recommend is full riding gear. I have everything but a chest protector, and I felt like I really needed one there.

How often do you go to Little Sahara ?

Old 08-02-2002 | 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

I like to stop by Rattlesnake cave when it's time for a break and a cold drink. You can almost get chills drinking a cold water in the opening of that thing.biggerisbetter you can head down the road to Bullcreek for swimming and some smallmouth action or the lakes aren't very far away either. You can also get cooled off real easy down at stump spring. It's normally over 2 foot deep with a rock bottom and cold. My neighbor rides at Gladetop a bunch. I haven't made it there yet but I'm planning on going down with him someday soon. They have camping area's also but I think they are more primitive than Chadwick but they are clean. I've drove through there in the truck before but never ridden the quad there.

Old 08-02-2002 | 11:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I usually make it to LS about once a month. Somethimes more, depending on the weather.

I would love to check out Chadwick and surounding areas, Ilove the Ozark mountains. But I will have to set up the quads for that kind of riding. I am so used to riding on sand that i'm sure I would be like a fish out of water in the woods, But I WILL give it a try one of these days.

Biggerisbetter.

Quick Reply: OT: Zookyrider