Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

OT: Zookyrider

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 01:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heading to Chadwick next week to ride......will be my first trip there...any tips you can provide would be appreciated.

Old 07-16-2002, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

You will need to stop at either the Oldfield Outpost store at the intersection of T highway and 125 or at Kay's store in Chadwick and pick up your permit. Be sure and pick up a map for everyone in your riding party. The new maps will tell you which trails are difficult and which ones are moderate. Plus there are 118 miles of trails down there and if you don't know the area it's easy to get turned around. I'm not sure what all you will be riding but I would have someone carry a tow strap just in case you have a problem. It's a long way out of some of those hollows and it's pretty much always uphill back to the campground. What kind of Quads are you bringing?

Old 07-16-2002, 11:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

We are bringing 2 300ex's, and a Raptor.

Old 07-16-2002, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

You guys should be good to go with those quads. Watch yourself on the ledgerock if your not used to it. The trails that are marked as difficult have ledgerock that you have to jump up. Some of them require a 2 foot jump to get on top of the ledge. Pretty challenging but fun on a 4 stroke. Hard as heck on a 2 smoke. It's just like jumping over logs except they are usually straight up instead of round. Enjoy.

Old 07-16-2002, 07:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the warning....I think I will personally avoid the difficult trails.....I have never tried jumping anything !!! Catchin air off a sand dune is one thing.....but I don't know if I am skilled enough (yet) to make it over rocks !

Old 07-17-2002, 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

One more thing........we are camping in a tent...any suggestions on things I might need to bring other than the basics? Is is true that there are no showers at Chadwick ? We will be there 5 days.

Old 07-17-2002, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

As far as I know they have showers now and campsites with electricity. They completely redid the campground area and day use people aren't allowed in there anymore. It's as nice as any lake campground area. They are actually using the fees for something good. I'll try to find the website that has the details.

Trending Topics

Old 07-17-2002, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/marktwain/re...cobb_ridge.htm
Here is one site. I will try and find another that has more info.

Old 07-17-2002, 05:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Did they just get showers ?? We drove thru Chadwick on the way home from Branson early last month, and we were told no showers.

Thanks for the link....I will check it out

Old 07-17-2002, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

We were there in late June and no showers but they were coming and make sure you have your vin numbers for your quads when you get the permits as we did not and had to go back to camp to get them and then back into town, just alot of running around.
You should have fun we did .

Dads400

Quick Reply: OT: Zookyrider