Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

when will next z come out?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 07:54 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 6'7" and the Zukini seems to fit just fine, the 400ex will fit you ok too but on the Warrior I feel very cramped. I haven't had the bent axle problem either and it is looking like Zuki is taking care of most of the repairs, I don't think you have much to worry about.

Balzak
Some Pics of my quads

Old 07-22-2002, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

As old as it is, the Warrior axle is no stronger then the Z's, it has a poor clutch set up, and a horrible air cleaner design, and the handling on the Warrior is flat out dangerous compared to the z. You probably would not notice it so much on fire roads, flat trails and dunes, but in the tight wooped out trails the warriors weight is all on the front end and gets fairly brutal in the rough stuff. I have a lot of hours on 2 different Warriors, they are fun, but not even in the same handling-power league as the Z.
Stock Warrior is 18HP, and weighs more then the Z.
I would not suggest puting a bunch of money into a warrior. You would do a lot better saving some money, then when you had enough, sell the Warrior and buy a newer Sport machine. By next year there should be lots to choose from.
Good luck with whatever you do.

Old 07-22-2002, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

thanks guys, i just got finsihed reading posts about the frames being a little cheesy. Whats with that!!!! The last thing i want to do after spending almost 6 grand is to put more in. Thanks again for the replies, and now im going to rethink my decision of the z400. keep the replies comin!

Old 07-23-2002, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

o...are the kawasaki's exactly the same as far as what there made of and how thick everything is? I see people getting z's for the low 5's otd...how is this possible? Any tips on getting them cheap. Can u order them online? thanks again

Old 07-23-2002, 12:54 PM
Range Rover

I don't know if you can order one online but the shipping if they would would be outragious. I got mine for $5299.00 +tax which added around $500.00 to the price. I expect the Kawi's to be exactly the same with no differences except a few cosmetic ones. It is a great quad I don't think you would regret getting one. You are going to pay at least $3000 for a used Warrior of any account and you will never be able to make it run like a Z400 stock out of the box. You would spend I would say another 2k at least on the Warrior and that puts you in the region of the Z400. Just my .02

Old 07-23-2002, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

your right, but im just a little hesistant because im hearing about these frames bending pretty easily. I dont think zuki will ever change that;

Old 07-23-2002, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

OK I HAVE A Z AND I HAD THE CRASH. THE CRASH WAS DIRECTLY ON THE RIGHT RIM JUST HIT IT PERFECT.
THE FRAME HAS I LITTLE DING IN IT, DEALER CHECKED OUT AND IN NO WAY WILL IT DAMPEN THE PERFORMANCE TIE ROD DID BEND CHEAP & EASY FIX. I AM IN NEED OF STEERING STEM. BUT NOT AT ANY POINT DO I REGRET GETTING THIS BABY. IT JUST HIT THE WRONG WAY I AM FINDING OUT THAT THIS CAN HAPPEN TO ANYBIKE. SO I CHAULK UP MY LOSES( WHICH IS NOT ALOT) AND GET IT GOING AGAIN, AND ENJOY. IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY IT. IF U WANT A GOOD BIKE GO AND BUY IT, YOU WON'T BE DISSAPPOINTED. INFO ON CHEAP STEM OR IF ANY OTHER BRAND FITS GREATLY APPRECIATED... HOPE THIS HELPS YOU...SEE YA

Old 07-24-2002, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

alright terd i c your point...i got around 4k saved up...i should be ready for next season!