Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

raptor doing 93mph???

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go over to to yamaha site and look for that post.
what the hell are they thinking.
next you will hear of a 400 ex doing 48 heeeee(kidding)

Old 08-15-2002, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

Im pretty sure that the one who made the post (14mins) has a ighly modded raptor and thats how he got that kind of speed.

Old 08-15-2002, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Not to mention guys, he also was running a 15t front sprocket (stock is 13). That greatly increases the top end speed of a Raptor. It is very possible. I'm sure that mine will do 80+ with what I have done (and stock gearing). THEMOOSE has run 77 with just pipe, air mods, and proper DynoJet jetting and stock gearing.

Old 08-16-2002, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Mine went 76 mph 100% stock. I know this because the city left one of those "Your speed is" radar trailers a couple blocks from my house when I first got my Raptor. I made several passes and most of them were 76 mph with a couple 75 mph runs too. I'd like to find another one to see what it does with the jet kit and intake snorkel cut out before I go to the 12 tooth front sprocket and then see how much I lose with it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2002, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

I may be wrong, but doesn't your rev limiter pretty much "limit" the bike's rpm's?? If so, no matter what you do, you're top speed will stay the same with stock gearing, you'll just get to that top speed faster. Isn't that why guys get modified ignition boxes to change the rev limit? So, with a big change in gearing even I could hit 93 mph on my 400ex. It would have to be on a flat, long, and straight road though. I mean...heck, if you have a long enough stretch of highway, even a Geo Metro will eventually hit 93 mph. Let the guy pat himself on the back. The only time you can tell him to shut his pie hole is after you beat him or see him get beat by someone else. For the most part, I'd say 75% of the people on here are putting b.s. stories in the forum just to see what everyone else will say back to them. That's my 2-cents. Now, get off the computer and go riding!!!!

Old 08-16-2002, 01:21 PM
Range Rover

In the back of a Z71 going to the shop to get a new tranny or starter clutch.

Old 08-16-2002, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

I know the Z will power out before it revs out so more power for the Z would increase its top end. The raptor might be the same way stock?

Old 08-16-2002, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

Chad, you don't know much about Raptors do ya? You can't hardly hit the rev limiter on a stock Raptor! That's why the Raptor can be boosted in as much as 14 hp with just pipe (full system), better filtration, and proper jetting.

And by just gearing up a Raptor with a stock motor, it WILL have a higher top speed. And when you gear a bike up, it hits the rev limiter later than when it would with stock gearing.

"TOID"

Old 08-16-2002, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

Exactly..... What TOID say's that is!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2002, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

Chad,

No offense, but your funny!

Look at the very beginning of your first sentence, "I may be wrong,". YES, in fact you are wrong!

Don't get me wrong, the Raptor is not the be all end all of quads, I know, I own one. I am hoping that the competition grows and gets out of control and I won't even get started on your EX. I don't like to slam others rides.

So far the only BS (as you say) I have seen on this thread is you. Go have a ride on a buddies Raptor and see if you can hit the rev limiter in 5th gear. Trust me, you won't. The Rap's rev limiter does not hit until 9200 rpm's and with wind resistance and the stock motor not being to overcome the wind, rider weight, and all the friction that is transfered through an atv you cannot and will not hit the limiter in 5th gear. Now bump up the HP to 50 and you can get alot closer, but it is still hard to do.

So before you start typing about something you know very little about, think about what you are saying or BSing as you say. I think your the majority of this so called 75% BS claim.

Quick Reply: raptor doing 93mph???