Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am fixing to probally get a Z but first I need some help quickly if possible.

1) When ya say that the axel breaks when you jump is that on a big jump or small jumps? (amt of air)

2) Maintence up keep on it.

3) Overal power of it

My Rubicon Trans is out and dealer is callin me in 15 mins on trade in info.

Old 08-22-2002, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< I am fixing to probally get a Z but first I need some help quickly if possible.

1) When ya say that the axel breaks when you jump is that on a big jump or small jumps? (amt of air)

2) Maintence up keep on it.

3) Overal power of it

My Rubicon Trans is out and dealer is callin me in 15 mins on trade in info.
>>

1 Answer) I've had no problems so far. &lt;20 hours on the quad. 3' - 5' jumps and I'm 170 lbs.
2 Answer) No more, no less than any other sport quad. Oil filer takes a little longer.
3 Answer) More than you would think even for bigger riders. My brother-in-law, around 6'3&quot; 220+ rode it for a while, came back with a big freakin' grin on his face. His first statement was ~ Damn that thing is quick. He had the front wheels working up with no problem in 3rd gear.

My personal opinion is. I wish the weekends were longer. I've been having a lot of fun on this quad for the past 4 weeks. No problems, no bent axles. I did add full ProArmor because of where I ride. If you haven't ridden one, do so first before you make your mind up. But I bet you will take one home, I did. I even went into the dealership to buy a Raptor. The sales manager had a blue one waiting for me to pick up. I called ahead. When I got there, they were wheeling out the Raptor and the sales guy saw me looking at the Z. He went back in a brought out the key. The Yellow one went home and the Blue one stayed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]