Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z400 TRINITY PIPE INSTALL -- PLEASE HELP--

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 08:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks much... I suspect/hope that the 155 they sent will do the trick. I am going to order the air box vents tomorrow. Hopefully they will make a difference. On my first Z, I had a Yoshi slip on and nothing else and it was a power king compared to what I now have.

Old 10-03-2002, 11:20 PM
WP
Pro Rider

With the lid on you are way too rich. The 155 should help. The offer also goes for you too. Harry sells the best pipe out there and wants everybody to be happy. That is why he gives a guarantee.

Old 10-04-2002, 01:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well I just finished my jetting, man this Trinity pipe sounds good and the throttle response is like night and day compared to the stock. I cant wait tell this weekend to ride it. I followed the instructions on the paper that came with the pipe with no snorkel and no lid. I put in a 165 main and lifted the needle by the washers and put on an Alba/K&N air fliter kit and this thing sounds sweet. Harry, I would still like to get the logo in the right spot so I can show the logo of who makes the pipe.

I will be posting my results on Sunday evening or Monday morning.

Old 10-04-2002, 02:01 AM
Trailblazer

These are the instructions that came with the pipe. And yes we will take the silencer back and exchange it for the correct one. We will also pay for your shipping charges for this mistake.

Airbox mod jetting main needle position
1. No box mod 135 main stock
2. Snorkel removed,
lid drilled with 10 1" holes 155 main Move both metal shims under needle ( moves needle up )
3. lid and snorkel removed 165 main Move both metal shims under needle ( moves needle up )

WP is right the reason that your bike is slugish is that you are way to rich. If you are only going to run with the snorkle off you will need to run a 140 to 145 main.

Old 10-04-2002, 09:21 AM
Range Rover

Harry,

Thanks Man. I own a successful 7 figure a year company and we cannot stress enough to our employees the importance of service. Technical, customer and accessability. We have a saying around the office. "We are a service oriented business first and a manufacturing/supply business second. PERIOD."

The fact that you didnt get on here with a defensive attitude but only wanted to help speaks volumes. I have some collegues that feel that an almost overdoing of customer service emulates a small company. My answer to that is... Who cares!

I will send off the silencer in a week or so. Understand that I am not vain or anything, but I want people to know what pipe I have. I've gone so far as to order an industrial, very high heat paint to fill the Trinity scribe with. Btw. I ordered the end-cap last night. Thanks.

Signed,

- A customer for life and a walking Trinity sales pitch...

Old 10-07-2002, 12:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just got to relax from todays ride and I love that Trinity pipe!!! Its got a different sound than my R4 and really like it!! The power difference is noticeable in low and high end. The only thing I didnt like about the pipe is at the header where it goes in turned like a yellowy brown. My buddies say that is normal unless I have another pipe within itself like the new Harleys have but sure wish it would stay that shinny stainless look. Everyone that went with us test rode it and really liked the way it handled compared to the honda 400ex and the Raptor but power wise the Raptor has allot of that and the Z is not that far behind, in fact when we went trail riding today I rode my Z with the Raptors and kept up with them soon. As for the Z, I think I just got two of my friends to purchase a Z next month. Also they liked the pipe and the sound it has.

Well Harry, I would like to get that silencer logo in the right spot so it looks reall good. The jetting was right on, didnt see any black out the tip at all. Tomorrow just for GP I am going to take the plug out and see what it looks like.

Old 10-08-2002, 12:42 AM
WP
Pro Rider

You are off to a good start with the pipe. Now send it to Harry for some real eye opening power. You will be amazed at the power increases he is creating. 3 for 3 on holeshots made me a BIG believer.

Old 10-08-2002, 11:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

To tell you the truth, this is my wifes bike and she liked it the way it was when it was stock so I am not going to go over board with this one but man if it were mine I would definitely take it in. But for now, I love it and everyone around us loves it. The sound and handeling of this bike is awesome! I am just going to keep it like it is for now, she will not have any problems climbing or keeping up with us. We rode the 400ex, and had a 300ex but there is no comparison about the ride, the Z is way more user friendly bike and my wife didnt complain of her arms and hands hurting after a couple hour ride like she did with the Honda's. She was amazed on how it handled.