Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z400 TRINITY PIPE INSTALL -- PLEASE HELP--

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 11:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just recently installed a Trinity pipe on my z400, well after all is said and done the Stage IV logo is facing straight up under the rear fender well. It only goes on two ways which when I spun the pipe around then it was facing down. HHHMMMMmmm.... Sounds to me I have a fab problem. Anyone have this with their Trinity pipe?? Thanks

Old 10-03-2002, 01:57 AM
WP
Pro Rider

Sounds like the manufacturer mounted the silencer to the pipe wrong. My bike is at Dyna so I can't look at it, but you should be able to remove the 4 bolts holding it together and turn it 90*.

Old 10-03-2002, 02:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Nope, it wont mount that way, if I turn it 180 then it will mount but then it will put the logo straight down.

Old 10-03-2002, 02:51 AM
Trailblazer

Do me a favor take the pipe out and try it, the logo is obviously in the wrong spot, but please let me know how you like the power, If you like the power of the pipe then we are in good shape because I will replace the silencer so the logo is facing correctly. Remember we have a 30 day unconditional guarantee.

Old 10-03-2002, 03:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

ok, I took the pipe of just now and put it on the other way, now the logo is facing the ground. The first pipe I got last week I had to send it back because they sent me a DS650, I just got it back today and now the logo is in the wrong position but I will take it out and ride it this weekend. I sure do like the sound of it, next to my Raptor with the R4 I really like the sound of the Trinity. I will let you know how it runs this weekend. Heading up to Redrock Canyon to test the Z400 and a buddies 03 Raptor.

Old 10-03-2002, 03:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I took some pictures of it and will email them to you if you want to see what I am talking about.

Talk at you later.

Old 10-03-2002, 03:13 PM
Range Rover

Harry,

I hate to get something started here but does that offer stand for me too? My engraved logo is facing upwards too. I knew it was some sort of screw up but I had a weekend of riding to get to. I called one of your guys about it and he said I must have been mistaken or had it installed wrong. Let me know at ken@elitecrete.com

By the way. The pipe otherwise is great. I had the wrong jet in it, so I dont really know how it will run with the 165 but I want more bottom end so I think I will put the 155 in it.

Thanks much.

Old 10-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

freakystone -- did you have to mess with the needle adjustment or the washers? I am going to jet mine tonight according to the specs that came with the pipe and wanted to be sure I am doing everything right. I spoke with someone at Trinity and they mentioned I just have to change the main jet, but on the paper I received with the pipe says differently if I take off the snorkel and lid which I explained to them earlier. Also, I wanted to know how Suzuki thought the z400 can breathe with that small of a snorkel, let alone where it goes into??

Old 10-03-2002, 08:18 PM
Range Rover

I wish I could help you. I really havent dialed mine in just yet. I moved both washers to the bottom of the needle and I am running the 165 main and stock pilot. I might be at a different altitude than you. I didnt pull my lid off. I run in mud and water sometimes so I am afraid to. I did pull the snorkle off though. I dont think it made much of a difference. At this point, I would say it is less peppy than stock. I just took her out and ran her and she sounds and feels like she is hesitating at the top of each gear. I am next going to try the 155 main to see if that makes a difference. I hope so, or I will be stumped.

I hope the guy from Trinity gets on here and gives me some feedback.

Old 10-03-2002, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

I was given this info on another thread so I will pass it along

With a pipe and the lid removed from the air box, Your main should be a 152.5 and add two #4 washers to your needle.
I have a WB e-series pipe and this set up was too rich but I suspect that the other pipes will require the 152.5 main. I don't know where you are gunna find one though. The 165 has to be way rich especially with the air box lid on.

Quick Reply: Z400 TRINITY PIPE INSTALL -- PLEASE HELP--